Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best ITALIAN in Brighton and Hove

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
But it's okay as they'll just come and smother it in pepper and parmagiano, so you'll lose whatever flavour was underneath.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Wow. Maybe I haven't been past since then. That is a shame. Can't believe they were ever short of custom and the trip advisor ratings were brilliant.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There's no such thing as an "Italian restaurant".

What you get in Italy is usually a family-run restaurant that cooks locally sourced food for local people and, possibly, visitors to the locality. Each region, each town, each locality is different. That is reflected in the way food is prepared.

Chain "Italian" restaurants in Britain seem to imagine that all "Italian" meat courses come smothered with something like "wild mushrooms, peppery endives, a truffle cream sauce and shaved Tuscan black truffles".

Not in my experience.

Is about right. Have you tried the lampredotto roll in Florence. Not bad as long as you can face tripe.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Another vote for La Cappanina just off St James' Street. And I went to Otello on the corner of Church Street and Medina Villas the other day and it was great. The one up Woodland Drive was Gus Poyet's restaurant of choice, which might put some of you off.

There were some good Italian places a few years ago - Mama Mia, which had a large Italian clientelle, Latin In The Lane and Ciao Bella. They made Jamie's look even more of a joke ...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Casalingo on Preston Street always used to be the best

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another vote for La Cappanina just off St James' Street. And I went to Otello on the corner of Church Street and Medina Villas the other day and it was great. The one up Woodland Drive was Gus Poyet's restaurant of choice, which might put some of you off.

There were some good Italian places a few years ago - Mama Mia, which had a large Italian clientelle, Latin In The Lane and Ciao Bella. They made Jamie's look even more of a joke ...

Latin In The Lane was great. Shame it closed as that probably would have been the answer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If I was asked the best Chinese, Indian, Spanish, Thai, Japanese, French or Modern British in Brighton I could answer easily.
OT, but could you name those please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here