Conway - not good enough

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
No pace
Doesn't get in behind his man
Poor delivery

As a winger I don't see the point of him.
Surely we'd be better off this season bringing through young talent that we actually own. Rather than this guy.

And yes I heard he played well at Yeovil.... but so far I've seen nothing of the sort.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that hewas ok this evening nothing special but certainly not the worst player. Had we had a decent striker in the side to attack the ball a la Ulloa his crosses would have brought rewards as it was with our strike force they made no impressionism whatsoever.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I thought that hewas ok this evening nothing special but certainly not the worst player. Had we had a decent striker in the side to attack the ball a la Ulloa his crosses would have brought rewards as it was with our strike force they made no impressionism whatsoever.

I doubt that as most of his crosses went behind everyone in the box!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I imagine he won't be sleeping much tonight re-living that missed header.

Why is it even the players we get in on loan are awful at finishing?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No pace
Poor delivery

Surely we'd be better off this season bringing through young talent that we actually own. Rather than this guy.

And yes I heard he played well at Yeovil.... but so far I've seen nothing of the sort.

dont agree re delivery

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I imagine he won't be sleeping much tonight re-living that missed header.

Why is it even the players we get in on loan are awful at finishing?

I agree with the bit about his pace. No wonder Oscar made a point of saying any loan striker we got in had to have pace. I bet he saw him in training and said to the board "What am I supposed to do with him?".

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
No pace
Poor delivery

sorry disagree

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No pace
Poor delivery

He was part of the cardiff side that won promotion from this league and in which he played his part so he has experience of getting out of this division.

His crosses have generally seemed quite dangerous and as good as we get from the other wingers we have had available to us this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Was that miss his then? I'd assumed it was Crofts.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I thought he was good - worked really hard. He's obviously not got the pace of Lua Lua but for me he was a more worthy MOM than Buckley. The header was shocking though...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not doing enough at the moment.

Expect far more from a player who has come from Cardiff City and has played international football.

Ashley Barnes looked better than him on the left when he moved out there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had a much better game than I've seen from him previously. Maybe he is settling in, we need (we don't really have a choice either) to give him more game time to make a decision imo. He is improving, I'll take that and he can find space and cross a decent ball.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not doing enough at the moment.

Expect far more from a player who has come from Cardiff City and has played international football.

Ashley Barnes looked better than him on the left when he moved out there.

can't agree with that really..fine first half...starved of the ball second half...if we are talking about past internationals is upson really doing the business or is he immune from criticism ...played one atrocious ball last night which nearly resulted in a goal

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought he was pretty decent to be honest, put a couple of cracking balls in. Worked very hard and combined reasonably well with Ward considering there little game time together.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I thought he did ok, as a team we lacked creativity and confidence. Hopefully last night should help with the confidence which should help with the creativity.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here