[Official Site] More to Come Says Buckley

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
buckley-l229-1135063_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
13:00 28th October 2013
by Ben Soro-Perez
Being the home team we need to go out and attack them and I’m sure that’s what we’ll do"
Will Buckley
Will Buckley says facing Watford will bring out the best in the Albion on Monday night.The Hornets showed their quality by reaching last season's Play-Off Final and the winger is looking forward to facing his former club.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "We tend to play better against the bigger teams at the Amex. We want to be up there, so we’ve got to challenge ourselves against the best in the league, and Watford are one of the best.
“Being the home team we need to go out and attack them and I’m sure that’s what we’ll do.
“We need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal and I’m sure that’ll come. We’ve been working hard on finishing drills and hopefully the goals will start flowing. Leroy Lita has looked sharp and, hopefully, he’s going to get us some goals.”
Buckley also hopes to have an impact after admitting the season has had its highs and lows from a personal perspective.
“This year has been up and down. I didn’t have a really good start but then I had a few good games where I thought I was getting back to my best but it’s difficult to assess yourself.
“I just want to create and score goals and that’s what I’ll be judged on at the end."
With fellow winger Kazenga LuaLua ruled out for the foreseeable future with a knee injury, Buckley says the whole squad has to up its game.
“Kaz is going to be out for eight weeks and we’re going to miss him; he has been one of our best players over the last few weeks.
“Obviously Craig Conway played well on Saturday at Yeovil, but we all need to step up now and play well.”
Having spent 18 months at Vicarage Road, Buckley has a soft spot for the Hornets and says his time with the club helped his progression.
“I came from a League Two club and, for the first few months, I found it difficult to get used to Championship football but Malky Mackay and Sean Dyche both helped me, and I feel I have settled in the Championship now.
"I believe I have improved."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here