Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa plays down Poyet talk [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ulloa plays down Poyet talk[/h]5:00am Monday 14th October 2013 in Sport By Brian Owen
2678528.jpg
Leo Ulloa
Leo Ulloa has vowed to take no risks as he recovers from the worst injury of his career.
But the popular Albion striker has played down fears that his former boss Gus Poyet might be the man to profit from his return to fitness.
Ulloa is recovering from a fractured fifth metatarsal in his left foot and admits it could be eight weeks before he is back in full training.
His confirmation there is no quick route back will increase pressure on Albion to bring in a loan striker.
Ulloa told The Argus: “I’m good. I’ve got my timetable to stick to.
“They are talking about six, seven or eight weeks before returning to proper training.
“I think then I’ll still need some time to get ready to play matches because after seven or eight weeks without doing much exercise I’ll not be at my best
“But I’m doing all I can not to lose too much of my conditioning.
“In terms of returning to the Championship, I’m not setting a date. What I want to do it is let the injury heal well rather than get back quickly.”
Ulloa admits he is surprised by suggestions he could be a target for his former boss Poyet at Sunderland in January.
He said: “I’ve already said if Gustavo is at Sunderland or any other club, it’s a fact that I’m here.* I’m fine, I’m happy here, my family are happy in the city.
“Nothing has changed this week since last week, when Gustavo wasn’t head coach at Sunderland.”
Poyet will have to offload players if he is to make signings in the New Year and insists he has not yet discussed recruitment plans with Black Cats owner Ellis Short.
Poyet said: “My idea is to assess the players that are here and make sure I check them properly. Then, depending on what I see in the next month or two, I will talk to him (Short).”
Albion assistant boss Nathan Jones watched Barcelona B lose 1-0 at home to Deportivo La Coruña yesterday but The Argus understands it was part of an off-duty weekend away rather than a scouting trip.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here