Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving early!

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
The entire stadium was waving and singing 'cheerio' when I left today. Certainly making it harder for early leavers to sneak out

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My name is Steve and I am an early leaver

I am currently undertaking the early leaver recovery and rehabilitation programme.

As certain posts confirm this is a vile habit and I am a scourge on footballing society.

I have seen the pain that I cause to fellow human beings by leaving early and feel deeply ashamed.

My name is Dave, (but you can call me Rodney), and I am an early leaver.

Yesterday, by some misjudgement, I stayed until the final whistle.

This meant that I missed the first round of P&R buses to Mill Road, and had to wait a good half-hour in the considerable wind and rain and, although I don't normally suffer from the cold, and yesterday I was not only wearing a thermal vest but also thermal long-johns, by the time I got on the bus I was chilled to the bone.

This emphasised to me that it is actually quite a good idea to leave early, particularly when it is going to take you 1.5 hours to drive home once you do get back to your car, and you are supposed to be out in the evening as well.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
My name is Dave, (but you can call me Rodney), and I am an early leaver.

Yesterday, by some misjudgement, I stayed until the final whistle.

This meant that I missed the first round of P&R buses to Mill Road, and had to wait a good half-hour in the considerable wind and rain and, although I don't normally suffer from the cold, and yesterday I was not only wearing a thermal vest but also thermal long-johns, by the time I got on the bus I was chilled to the bone.

This emphasised to me that it is actually quite a good idea to leave early, particularly when it is going to take you 1.5 hours to drive home once you do get back to your car, and you are supposed to be out in the evening as well.

I also use the Mill Road park and ride and invariably miss the first round of buses because I always stay to the end of the match. Last night was particularly miserable with the cold, wind and rain but I don't know why you had to wait so long. I joined the queue at about 5:10 and was dropped off in Mill Road before 5:30 - so just about a 15 minute wait.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I also use the Mill Road park and ride and invariably miss the first round of buses because I always stay to the end of the match. Last night was particularly miserable with the cold, wind and rain but I don't know why you had to wait so long. I joined the queue at about 5:10 and was dropped off in Mill Road before 5:30 - so just about a 15 minute wait.

Maybe I am overestimating the time. I was reasonably quick getting out of the ground, but I sent my wife a text as soon as I got on the bus, and it was timed at 17.26.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The entire stadium was waving and singing 'cheerio' when I left today. Certainly making it harder for early leavers to sneak out

I'd quite like an audible rendition when I leave the stadium/room/house. I think it is exceedingly polite to wish someone on their way.

We Brits are very good at that. I've even found myself in the situation of bidding farewell, but striding off in the same direction. 'Oh, lovely to see you again!'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here