Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon: Forget rivalry, it's all about the squad [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Calderon: Forget rivalry, it's all about the squad[/h]9:00am Thursday 26th September 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2646950.jpg
Inigo Calderon has been in fine form
Inigo Calderon has saluted Albion’s strength of squad as a key reason for their six-game unbeaten run.
But the in-form defender has played down his competition for the right-back spot with Bruno.
Calderon is producing some of the best football of his 150-game stint with the Seagulls and was on target in the 3-1 win over Bolton.
Albion were missing nine players for that match but welcome back Keith Andrews at his old club Ipswich on Saturday.
Bruno is also gaining in match fitness after a hamstring injury but his mate and Spanish compatriot is in pole position to start at Portman Road.
Calderon said: “I don’t have any kind of competition with Bruno. I compete with the other team’s left winger – that’s my rival.
“We are both here to help the team and you saw at the end against Bolton we can play together “I’m a very close friend with him, I think a lot of him. But maybe it’s good for the team to have both of us.”
Bruno came off the bench in a midfield role to help see out the game against Bolton and has done extra training with the development squad to boost his fitness. His return offers head coach Oscar Garcia another option as the Seagulls start to build momentum.
Calderon said: “We have played well in the last six games , only conceding two goals, and we scored three on Saturday which is important as well.
“I think we are doing all right but we will see at the end of the season.
“We have a strong squad and everyone knows he has his own part to play.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here