Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
cant see that it would suit either party. the Fulham rumour has more legs, but the owner their has record of keeping things steady, so migth give Jol longer than we expect - if they won next week they could be in top half.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
cant see that it would suit either party. the Fulham rumour has more legs, but the owner their has record of keeping things steady, so migth give Jol longer than we expect - if they won next week they could be in top half.

With the new owner in place I would not be so sure, another American who may be ready to pull the trigger when his "franchise" is struggling

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
MOTD 2. Shearer is definitely getting the digs in on the mackems.

"Obviously Sunderland did their research on Di Canio before they hired him?!

Personally I think he was sacked for losing to Palace.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Poyet just mentioned on MOTD2. "We may need to replace him on this program"

So be it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
With the new owner in place I would not be so sure, another American who may be ready to pull the trigger when his "franchise" is struggling

Beorhthelm is right, though. In America Shahid Khan has a reputation for not replacing coaches during the season.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There's a feeling up there for Kevin Phillips apparently. I know why but that would be bizarre. Surprised Rene Meulensteen's not been mentioned at all.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What 'payoff cash' would that be, then?

The cash we would have to pay him in the event he won a legal case against us, which has surely been reserved for such a contingency. If he drops his case these funds would be available ???

Last edited:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Personally, I think Poyet is a very good manager, Sunderland could do a lot worse. If they appoint him, I think he'll keep them up this season and turn them into a good footballing side next. There are very short memories on this board.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Depends how patient he is I think. I can see Sunderland wanting him, you've only got to look at the candidates on the betting lists to see there are really only 3 or 4 sensible candidates, so the odds are right. But there'll be 3 or 4 more vacancies before Xmas which might suit better. I can see him talking and then withdrawing and then going public so sending a message to other "twitchy" Chairman.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
You honestly think TB would sell to Poyet ? not a chance its not even worth selling Leo for 10 million for arguments sake compared to him helping us to promotion which is of far greater value, we are no longer a selling club.

Couple of simple business facts of life

1. Of course TB would sell to Poyet. The same way we would sell someone to Palace. Personal preferences or fan rivalries don't matter a damn in the world of business

2. Gus being in a job also has absolutely no bearing on any action brought against our club

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Eighteen months ago Poyet would have been my dream appointment. After the way his tenure with you came to an end I've no respect for the man.
I'm just stunned and angry that Paolo's been treated so shamefully. I thought he was an exciting, fresh choice but the pampered, petted players have been allowed to triumph; Short mustn't have seen The Damned United.
Right now I feel it's fifty years a Rokerite and out for me. I was more enthused about the future with Paolo than I'd been since the 1970's, but now after just TWELVE matches Short has pulled the plug. I don't want to give anymore of my money to SAFC.
PDC will be a great manager somewhere, it could have been at The SOL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here