[Official Site] Barnes Hungry for Goals

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
barnes-l229-1063203_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
01:34 19th September 2013
by Adam Tighe
I feel good about myself and I am raring to go. I just want to get on the scoresheet really and that will be the next step"
Ashley Barnes
Ashley Barnes was delighted to get his chance upfront against QPR but is now setting his sights on finding the target.With Leonardo Ulloa still to serve two of his three-game ban, Barnes looks set to lead the line for the Seagulls and the striker is determined to hit goalscoring form.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was just a joy to be back playing up front where I want to be, up against two great centre halves.
“I feel good about myself and I am raring to go. I just want to get on the scoresheet really and that will be the next step.
“It will come good if I keep playing like I did the other day and again tonight. I’m sure it won’t be a problem.
“When I first came on at Reading it was pleasing for me; finding the right movement and the right runs again, rather than being out wide and figuring out those runs.
“Of course it plays on your mind when you are not scoring, but you need to be in the right areas to get the chances to get the goals.*
jones-l229-1063150.jpg

“I only had one chance tonight but it was mainly about the link up play and getting other people involved and bringing them into play.”
Assistant head coach Nathan Jones was full of praise for the side’s display at Loftus Road, feelings echoed by Barnes.
“We were magnificent. We all did our jobs and we stuck to it exactly as we were asked and got a point.
“It will be good to get back to the Amex again with the home crowd behind us, and hopefully we can get the three points.”
David Lopez will be selling tickets in the Amex Stadium ticket office on Thursday, between 4.30pm and 5.30pm. Click here for more information about Spanish Day.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here