Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The way things stand today, how optimistic are you of a top 6 finish

Gut feeling on where we'll finsih the season

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two really tough games coming up, too many injuries and no loan signings. A long long way to go but what is your gut feeling right now. I'm still quite optimistic but obviously injury to Ulloa or Kuz would throw everything into doubt, but taking into account your positive or negative feelings at the moment what do you expect rather than hope for as things stand?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gut feeling is 7th, but could be anywhere between 3rd and 12th. I've given up predicting though, as this division is so refreshingly unpredictable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not as I think as it stands we will finish between 7th and 10th but all can change with a couple of good results. I do feel however, that Oscar is on the right lines and we will become a very good side but whether or not it will be too late for this season I am not sure.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
My gut feeling is that we will finish in the top ten but miss out on the play offs.
The key will be to stay in touch with the top six by the time Christmas comes around. If we can do that then along with the return of CMS, Orlandi and Bridcutt I would be a lot more confident of reaching the play offs.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Everything in football is over-determined. There are so few effects -- promotion, playoffs, relegation -- and way too many causes.

Almost anything could happen. Go back far enough, and you'll find examples of it happening.

This team could finish 16th or 2nd or any place in between.

That's what makes it interesting.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'm saying top 6 but it's such a tough tight league this season, even more so than last season, and I think injuries could be key frankly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gut feeling is 7th, but could be anywhere between 3rd and 12th. I've given up predicting though, as this division is so refreshingly unpredictable.

This. I reckon somewhere between 5th-9th, a team with Kusz, Bridcutt and Ulloa in shouldn't be finishing any lower than 9th.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Top 6, probably down to the wire but defo think we will be there :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we'll do OK this season, but I don't think we'll do quite as well as last season - that might have been our best chance.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Top 6. Better squad than last year, but injuries making it tough.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Top 2 unlikely
Top 6 hopefully
Top 8 definitely

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Outside the top 6 but inside the top 10 and you know what ? I'd be happy with that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3rd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here