Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 amnesty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I don't really care about the food available I am just staggered that the hierarchy of the club has been able to ride through the complications of planning permission, build arguably the best stadium in the country, employ a rookie manager who completely changed the style of football we play and get us to the cusp of the Premier League. All massive positives and yet they seem incapable of delivering catering that satisfies the vast majority of 1901ers. I have trouble getting my head around such incompetence given what they have achieved in other much more difficult parts of the dream. :shrug:

Valid point and two years down the line

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All I did was start a thread about a ham roll. I think I'll play safer and start one about immigration next.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Very happy with my halfway line 1901 seats, I have 6 of them and take my 79 year old father every game, he loves it too. Fantastic warm lounge in the winter, respectful staff, a great view, ex Albion players host us every game. WE can hear the opposition teams supporters singing, but struggle to hear the North Stand. I think the North Stand is very tame compared to what it used to be , 'we're the north stand, we're the north stand........' very boring, little thought and what does it mean? If those of the 1901ers post on here then fine respect it, but if you want to be judgemental of us expect us to be the same. You also need to go to anger management courses and do you still live at home with your mum?

Great post

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There seems to be a growing anti-1901 complaints feeling on here recently. I wonder how many of those wanting the 1901 fans to stop complaining are among those complaining about lack of chips (and now the paucity of chips in tandem with the price of them), lack of drink options on concourses, lack of pies available when they want to buy hem, queues for food, queues for buses, queues for park and ride, booking fees, quality of the burgers, size of the burgers, temperature of their beer, loading of the trains, price increases on meal deals and all the other complaints that have been made by non-1901 fans.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
There seems to be a growing anti-1901 complaints feeling on here recently. I wonder how many of those wanting the 1901 fans to stop complaining are among those complaining about lack of chips (and now the paucity of chips in tandem with the price of them), lack of drink options on concourses, lack of pies available when they want to buy hem, queues for food, queues for buses, queues for park and ride, booking fees, quality of the burgers, size of the burgers, temperature of their beer, loading of the trains, price increases on meal deals and all the other complaints that have been made by non-1901 fans.

Quite :thumbsup:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I believe the time has come for all the pretenders who bought into a false idealism that fans could co exist with corporate hospitality be allowed to trade tickets in for seats with us common men of the west, east, and north stand.

Stop f'ing moaning about pointless catering options over and above the common pie and pint that 90PC of us enjoy. I think I probably speak for most of us when I say that weve humoured 1901 idiots for a long time but a f'ing ham baguette is way beyond our view of whats important at footy and long may it remain beyond the common (but very high quality chicken) pie.

In summary, you're boring. Very very boring. It's been done to death. Do something about it or shut up. Dont renew. A company will buy your seat. But please shut up and take the old village committee who still think they are important with you.

Regards

The common fan that never had delusions of grandeur nor were in dick tights clappy happy army.

Xxx

:bowdown:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The OP has a good point well made.

It's DULL hearing the moaning Minnie's on here with thread after thread about the entrees and not enough bits of chicken in their tikka massala or whatever.
In normal life people who recieve poor service or value in a dining venue take up the issue with the provider of the service. Here it seems normal to stick thread after thread on NSC racking on about it. I don't personally care whether the catering is any good or not because my trips to the Amex are to watch football. I suggest there is a sticky titled "my 1901 Hell" where every gripe and grizzle on the subject can be posted. Alternatively start another board altogether called "epicurean Chat" and bog off over there to compare the size of your portions.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So some of the 1901 people have a gripe with the quality of the catering for the price; an issue which isn't apparently being sorted to their satisfaction. So the gripe is now two-fold (the original quality AND feeling they're not being listened to).

No resolution or compromise is offered, nor collective discussion held between either party - and so the gripe continues.

Meanwhile, someone who doesn't have anything to do with it feels the issue is boring and wishes to let us know that.

Happy Friday, everyone.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I am starting to care less about the fate and state of the 1901 food. I know I should care, I understand the argument about why I should care but it's so far detached from my match day experience it has less relevance.

What I havnt seen is a pack of 1901ers agree on a solution. If the customer doesn't know what they want how can the business deliver? Also 12 for a high end snack in a corporate lounge in a sporting venue is reasonable. This is not a lunch wagon.

I understand why I should care but as I said I kinda don't anymore. Sorry but I am happy with my three pints and a pie every game in the WSU.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I sit in the BUPA lounge for about 10 games a season, and the family stand for the rest.

I don't know whether I'm supposeed to join in with the slating of the 1901 experience, or with those slating those who are slating it?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So some of the 1901 people have a gripe with the quality of the catering for the price; an issue which isn't apparently being sorted to their satisfaction. So the gripe is now two-fold (the original quality AND feeling they're not being listened to).

No resolution or compromise is offered, nor collective discussion held between either party - and so the gripe continues.

Meanwhile, someone who doesn't have anything to do with it feels the issue is boring and wishes to let us know that.

Happy Friday, everyone.

Good summary. It is bloody dull though whichever way you look at it. The 1901 has a great view of things which is worth a premium price for comfort etc. No one has got to eat in there if they don't want to. Can no one go a couple of hours without stuffing their faces?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good summary. It is bloody dull though whichever way you look at it. The 1901 has a great view of things which is worth a premium price for comfort etc. No one has got to eat in there if they don't want to. Can no one go a couple of hours without stuffing their faces?

I think that the point is they want make an afternoon of it, to eat, drink and be convivial in there with all their friends, but won't do so at any old cost.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
1901 person here, now look at the facts, there are about 3,000 of us ? And how many of then are posters on here, not many. I read more moans and groans from others on here about all range is Things. Personally I love it, catering sometimes good sometimes bad, but the seats the view the lounges superb. Think there are people who are just born moaners, nothing to to with there they sit.

Dave, think you may be right in your assumption. Most of us are not Corporates and this is where they are now adjusting things.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
With the benefit of hindsight, we should have had corporate and fan areas in 1901. Trouble is that we now have corporates and fans mixed.

I did a poll a while back asking if 1901ers would move seats so that the club could divide corporates and fans and then focus on the separate groups. People voted overwhelmingly that they did not want to move, so it looks like we are stuck with it. Personally, I don't think £12 is unreasonable for a quality snack of an afternoon, given the surroundings. It's not a dissimilar price to a good quality pub in town.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I disagree with the OP (and no, I'm not a 1901er)

I just see the club as losing potential income, which the club needs, and upsetting many long standing fans, which can't be good.

In business, whilst you of course you always try and get new customers, the first thing you do is keep your existing customers happy.

If the club loses 1901ers, the loss is recouped elsewhere. Who do you think will pay for that? Oh yes, the rest of the supporters.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
With the benefit of hindsight, we should have had corporate and fan areas in 1901. Trouble is that we now have corporates and fans mixed.

I did a poll a while back asking if 1901ers would move seats so that the club could divide corporates and fans and then focus on the separate groups. People voted overwhelmingly that they did not want to move, so it looks like we are stuck with it. Personally, I don't think £12 is unreasonable for a quality snack of an afternoon, given the surroundings.

You make that sound like it's the fault of the 'non-corporates'.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and while it was hoped that the club could sell various packages quite well, when they started doing so, we were a struggling third division team, staring relegation to the Fourth Division in the face. People on here (admittedly the worst pessimists) were talking of us getting no more than 12-14,000 crowds etc. There was certainly no automatic assumption that we'd be a top-half Championship club with 12 months of the stadium opening.

The club's first priority was bums on seats.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I believe the time has come for all the pretenders who bought into a false idealism that fans could co exist with corporate hospitality be allowed to trade tickets in for seats with us common men of the west, east, and north stand.

Stop f'ing moaning about pointless catering options over and above the common pie and pint that 90PC of us enjoy. I think I probably speak for most of us when I say that weve humoured 1901 idiots for a long time but a f'ing ham baguette is way beyond our view of whats important at footy and long may it remain beyond the common (but very high quality chicken) pie.

In summary, you're boring. Very very boring. It's been done to death. Do something about it or shut up. Dont renew. A company will buy your seat. But please shut up and take the old village committee who still think they are important with you.

Regards

The common fan that never had delusions of grandeur nor were in dick tights clappy happy army.

Xxx

Amen to that. Footie was, iis, and always will be a predominantly working class game, and that being the case, what's wrong with eating a steak & gristle pie and drinking a mug of bovril as you watch the game from the terraces?

I've no time for the prawn sandwich brigade whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here