Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

More than getting Virgs back on, we're going to let him present it.

Just... don't tell him yet. :)
You mean it'll be another one of those shows when you turn up late?

:)

Edit:- I've just noticed that it was Mr Virgo who turned up late. Maybe he imagines that the only thing that matters is what you do in the last ninety seconds?

Last edited:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Well, the copyright polis have been onto me already due to the 18 seconds of music at the beginning of the show, so I shall have to ask the presenters to remove the music from the recordings they make prior to uploading it in future. Now re-uploading with the music cut off

I use Mixcloud for uploading my radio shows. It is very popular and there are no copyright issues as the hosts pay the royalties themselves. My whole station now uses it for hosting. I know other Reverb folk use it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I use Mixcloud for uploading my radio shows. It is very popular and there are no copyright issues as the hosts pay the royalties themselves. My whole station now uses it for hosting. I know other Reverb folk use it.

I guess I was unlucky, got the message within 5 minutes of the show in question being uploaded. I deleted it, edited the recording and re-uploaded it, and no problems. :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
When you tweet the link via share on soundcloud it has ' instead of @ thus not showing your twitter name.

I think that's the show name you're looking at, look further along the Tweet:

Have you heard ‘Albion Roar 14 September 2013’ by @albionroar on #SoundCloud? soundcloud.com/albionroar/alb…

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I guess I was unlucky, got the message within 5 minutes of the show in question being uploaded. I deleted it, edited the recording and re-uploaded it, and no problems. :shrug:

Mix Cloud is different though. There are no copyright issues, so you can upload shows with music. I have a MixCloud page.

http://www.mixcloud.com/talkingbrighton/

I think a number of Reverbers do too.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Mix Cloud is different though. There are no copyright issues, so you can upload shows with music. I have a MixCloud page.

http://www.mixcloud.com/talkingbrighton/

I think a number of Reverbers do too.

I looked at Soundcloud as Sergeis Celebration mentioned that he would find it beneficial if he could listen on that platform instead of iTunes. Does mix cloud offer the same facility to stream a podcast?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I looked at Soundcloud as Sergeis Celebration mentioned that he would find it beneficial if he could listen on that platform instead of iTunes. Does mix cloud offer the same facility to stream a podcast?

Yes.

There is an app on Google Play Store too.

The advantage is that it is fully licensed. I have recorded shows at home and then just loaded them straight on there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I notice there is a Rock and Soul on iTunes - will download it and give it a go.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tomorrow's show is now up on iTunes and www.albionroar.co.uk

We were out with the kids most of today and I got back in time for the Manc derby only for my Sky to start playing up. So I cooked a roast and put on the podcast.

I know Ian from a long time ago (minor factoid - he was a "bridesman" at my wedding). Though I can't agree with him on the merits of the local Green Party I found myself nodding along in agreement and interest throughout here. It may not have been everyone's cup of tea but I thought a sensitive subject was handled intelligently and humorously. Thanks for making a football programme that dared to challenge and use a couple of long words.

By the way, was it the quoted post that was meant to give away that it wasn't live or the comment right at the end? :p

Last edited:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I thought it was an excellent show. Proper debate, some difficult questions posed which is great and I liked th contrast between the Brighton fan (Ian?) and the lady from FvH.

Good stuff.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
We were out with the kids most of today and I got back in time for the Manc derby only for my Sky to start playing up. So I cooked a roast and put on the podcast.

I know Ian from a long time ago (minor factoid - he was a "bridesman" at my wedding). Though I can't agree with him on the merits of the local Green Party I found myself nodding along in agreement and interest throughout here. It may not have been everyone's cup of tea but I thought a sensitive subject was handled intelligently and humorously. Thanks for making a football programme that dared to challenge and use a couple of long words.

By the way, was it the quoted post that was meant to give away that it wasn't live or the comment right at the end? :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here