Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
As the show is live now, I'd like to ask 2 things to you guys.
1/ Do you think we should really go for it at home with an attacking line up and shut up shop away? or is there another way out of trouble?
2/ Are you confident that we will spend a significant amount to challenge for promotion next year (be it league 1 or Championship), or will we still try to go up on the cheap?
Cheers.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The issue with playing for draws away is the difficulty of our home fixtures. We really need some wins away too because getting anything against the like of Bournemouth and Watford will be tough

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The issue with playing for draws away is the difficulty of our home fixtures. We really need some wins away too because getting anything against the like of Bournemouth and Watford will be tough

I'm just thinking back to the way we got out of trouble back in 1997. Won almost all of our home games after the new year and picked up the odd draw here and there away. With being above the drop zone as opposed to 12 points behind, that formula may work. I just don't think we are going for it at home. We were with formations under Sami but never really gone for the throat all season.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
THE ALBION ROAR ON THE REVERBATHON – MARCH 2015

This March, RadioReverb, community radio for Brighton & Hove, is eight years old. And like any eight-year-old, we’re funny, insightful, unpredictable, inventive and occasionally downright wilful.

In order to keep Reverb fresh, continuous and free of irritating advertisements, we're looking for sponsorship and donations to help keep us going (paying for rent, equipment, licences etc). To mark our 8th anniversary, we’ll be holding a 52-hour “Reverbathon” fundraiser, broadcasting live from 6pm on Friday 6th March to midnight on Sunday 8th March 2015.

This Saturday, there will be a two hour-long Albion Roar show (11am-1pm), with guests coming in to the studio to talk about the latest Albion performances, first 100 games at the Amex, and probably their favourite beer.

If anyone here enjoys listening to the Roar specifically, and Radio Reverb generally, we would would really appreciate any help you can give us at the radio station if you could go to www.radioreverb.com, and hit the DONATE button.

If you do it while we're on air, we may even play a tune just for you.

Thank you in advance.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Reverbathon starts tonight, and we're on tomorrow at 11am.

Adam Virgo, Paul Beirne, Andy Bass, Vick Lank all lined up, and possibly a dodger, a local scribe and a Basque chap to come in also.

Any help by way of donations anyone feels like making (go to www.radioreverb.com and hit 'donate') would be very gratefully received. Thank you.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This week's double-length Reverbathon show with guests Andy Bass, Paul Beirne, Vicki Lank, Brian Owen, Phil Shelley, Jem Stone and Oscar Stone is up as a podcast.

118 minutes of footie natter and music, including Rush, Terry Hall, Duke Browner, and some Finnish rock...

Pickles

May 5, 2014
The Reverbathon starts tonight, and we're on tomorrow at 11am.

Adam Virgo, Paul Beirne, Andy Bass, Vick Lank all lined up, and possibly a dodger, a local scribe and a Basque chap to come in also.

Any help by way of donations anyone feels like making (go to www.radioreverb.com and hit 'donate') would be very gratefully received. Thank you.

Ah, this lady is worth the download alone.

She always talks sense and has a real foxy voice,

Oh, and she has an arse to die for.

Kick sexism out ot footie . :moo:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I always listen as a podcast so went on the site to make a small donation yesterday but can't see where or how you do this. Has the link been removed? Or perhaps the weekend was so successful that the Roar is now awash with cash?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I always listen as a podcast so went on the site to make a small donation yesterday but can't see where or how you do this. Has the link been removed? Or perhaps the weekend was so successful that the Roar is now awash with cash?

Funnily enough just been trying to do same, these boys aren't making it easy to give them cash! ;) Await response and will donate later.

Also, went to REMF page as they were appealing on the Roar for sponsorship and I want to make an enquiry. The contact details are however for Tony L and I'm aware he's sadly passed away - anyone got an email address re: golf day as I might be able to help out? Who is best to talk to?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Funnily enough just been trying to do same, these boys aren't making it easy to give them cash! ;) Await response and will donate later.

Also, went to REMF page as they were appealing on the Roar for sponsorship and I want to make an enquiry. The contact details are however for Tony L and I'm aware he's sadly passed away - anyone got an email address re: golf day as I might be able to help out? Who is best to talk to?

If you would like to donate to the Reverbathon visit www.radioreverb.com and click on the donate button.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Sorted on the reverb donation, it's there loud and clear! Await advise re: REMF anyone. Sorry, never had any dealings with before :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorted on the reverb donation, it's there loud and clear! Await advise re: REMF anyone. Sorry, never had any dealings with before :)

Done. I was looking on the Roar page.

Thanks for your support chaps. You'd have probably had your names mentioned on air on Live At Five by way of thanks too. :)

Anyone else like to donate to help keep Brighton's best radio station going?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here