Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Essential saturday listening 'live' or on the podcast?...i find it great entertainment between matches via the podcast....good choice of guests and ...the presenters well they arent bad either.

Is an hour long enough?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really enjoy it, the only thing is (for me as a podcast listener) it's always a game behind, personally I'd prefer it was recorded post-match rather than pre, as they're always discussing and making predictions about a match which has already happened if you listen via podcast, which I'm guessing the majority does?

Keep up the good work, also when is Virgs back on? Was finding part one of his story really interesting.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I just finished listening to this weeks on my drive to work, whilst sometimes I don't agree with what's being said its nice to listen to albion related discussion on my drive to work on a monday and tuesday morning.

Keep up the good work guys.

I agree it is slightly annoying that the game being discussed has already happened but thats my fault for not listening live :)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah I agree - the more Virgs the better. I try and listen live on Reverb, but always catch up if I've missed it.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Thanks for all the comments guys. We try not to preview the forthcoming games for the reason that it will be old news by the time people listen to the pod. That said we are a radio show first and foremost so we have to pay lip service to the days game.

Virgs is back on this Sat!!

Ady

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
'personally I'd prefer it was recorded post-match rather than pre'

They're normally getting pissed at that time.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Ah, my mistake Phil. Good spot.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The good thing is that they get me on.

No seriously its that they are INDEPENDENT of the club. Therefore they can say what they like (less swearing) and speculate all thery want without being dictated by the club. Which must drive Barber nuts actually.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
They are INDEPENDENT of the club. Therefore they can say what they like (less swearing) and speculate all thery want without being dictated by the club. Which must drive Barber nuts actually.

Well i suspect Paul Barber actually respects that fans have differing views and by having a thriving NSC and other media like AR then conversely makes his job easier. Anyway he can't be too upset because he was a guest on AR last season and very good he was too.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/download-barber-interview-on-albion-roar-596976.aspx
Btw. AR is fine stuff. Big fan.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The good thing is that they get me on.

No seriously its that they are INDEPENDENT of the club. Therefore they can say what they like (less swearing) and speculate all thery want without being dictated by the club. Which must drive Barber nuts actually.

I wouldn't think he gives two hoots what is being said. You do actually know he is not a dark overlord who's attempting to quash any thing that isn't said by the club. He is just a guy who applied for a job, got it and is fulfilling his contract. Give him a break.

Oh and I think the roar should be done 11 to 12 as that would miss the early prem game or people going to the match early. It's great to have and I really like it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wouldn't mind doing a post-match show as opposed to a pre-match show, but it would ideally have to be the next day.

For one, one would need cool heads to present it (doing it immediately after, say, the Millwall game, where we're still fuming at the ref wouldn't make for such good radio), and two as KNC points out, we're gaily marching down the road away from Sobrietyville immediately post-match.

However, one of the great things about the post-match beers in WSU and WSL is everyone talks to everyone else about the game, and we take on board some of the feelings of fellow supporters - especially taking into account things we hadn't thought of.

Thanks for the kind words, though.

As a heads-up, we have another former Albion player in the studio on October 5. More on that later.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wouldn't think he gives two hoots what is being said. You do actually know he is not a dark overlord who's attempting to quash any thing that isn't said by the club. He is just a guy who applied for a job, got it and is fulfilling his contract. Give him a break.

Oh and I think the roar should be done 11 to 12 as that would miss the early prem game or people going to the match early. It's great to have and I really like it.

That means getting up earlier.

Nein danke. :(

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Whoa I havent gone in for all the Barber baiting. But I will say its my observation that given the chance he would want all things controlled by the club. AITC being a prime example.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Listen to it going to work or at the gym, and on my wedding night.

Essential listening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here