Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This week's show with guests Albion Women's assistant manager Amy Merricks and Albion Women's captain Sophie Perry, talking ahead of the new season. On Radio Reverb at 12pm.

Football Focus is on at 12, from the Amex, so I'll wait for the podcast.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Listened to the latest episode whilst working today ...I wondered how it was going to be after the early attempted joke and missing presenter ..but the usual high standard :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Listened to the latest episode whilst working today ...I wondered how it was going to be after the early attempted joke and missing presenter ..but the usual high standard [emoji106]
I think I must've caught your bad back [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'd take the rest of the month off if i were you....drinking and eating plus watching Brighton on Sunday should be part of your rehabilitation ...the boss can graft for a change :moo:
I wish! We're taking on work for next year!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Paul Barber is on this week.

We're recording a phone interview.

Can you ask him some snappy question like:

Levy or Bloom
Customer or Fan
Attack or Defend
Employee or Customer

Fans like black or white answers, political grey gets boring.

Thanks.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The week's show is up as a podcast on iTunes (search 'The Albion Roar' if you're not a subscriber), or go to www.albionroar.co.uk.

Loyalty points, moody merchandise, transfer window, Hope Powell, 39th game. We also got Paul barber's view of the issues relating to the Football Offences Act, but sadly, we'd stopped recording then.

Paul was talking to us over the phone, so his voice isn't 'studio-clear' and there's a few crackles, but you should be able to hear what he's saying.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The week's show is up as a podcast on iTunes (search 'The Albion Roar' if you're not a subscriber), or go to www.albionroar.co.uk.

Loyalty points, moody merchandise, transfer window, Hope Powell, 39th game. We also got Paul barber's view of the issues relating to the Football Offences Act, but sadly, we'd stopped recording then.

Paul was talking to us over the phone, so his voice isn't 'studio-clear' and there's a few crackles, but you should be able to hear what he's saying.

Thanks

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I listened. A good show ta. Liked the closing music!

It never gets old hearing how difficult the transfer window was :yawn: Honestly, we've heard all that before and with repetition it doesn't get much better. The fact that Janssen went on a season-long loan to Fenerbahce the week after doesn't really help his argument that he was never available on a loan.

Came as close as he ever will to admitting a balls-up on the home shirt front.

Still, he fronted up for a long chat (on his very crackly mobile), and you have to respect that.

My only other comment was you didn't ask him about the revamped ticket exchange. A bit of a niche subject but worth an airing.

Ultimately you judge a CEO by the Club's overall performance, and so far you can't fault him on that.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It is almost like the availability of players doesn't change with time.

Yes, very good. It wasn't me that re-raised the transfer window but now that the Roar and PB have....

When asked about whether taking Krul on a loan had limited our options, there was a flat assertion that Janssen "was never available on a loan". It seems odd given that a) BHAFC were in no position to inquire about a loan deal and b) he went out on loan to Fenerbahce a week later. (Where he can't stop scoring apparently). All water under the bridge. As you were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here