Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to storrington

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The Cottage Tandoori is very good, it's pricey, eat in is far better that take away. Don't go there on a Sunday or get take away on a Sunday, in my experience it's rubbish on Sunday.

Cottage is average all the time imo and expensive. Edible but not great

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Don't forget Bramber , reasonable pub and Chinese and carvery at the Old Tollgate , the Indian is a fine eatery :)

Marharajah is one of the best curry houses I have ever been to.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Sullington is actually where it's at of course..... :cool:

Seriously Storrington is very user friendly and a great place to live if, like me, you are married, middle aged and no longer interested in yoof 'activities'. Given the size it has got to it is probably not a village anymore and the traffic congestion on the A283 is awful morning and evening.

Both the Golden Willow (Chinese) and Cottage Tandoori (Indian) are fine but my favourite is 13 Church Street (Thai). Mostly sit down but does a limited but very good take away menu.

The Moon is the best of a fairly mediocre bunch of pubs in the village but there are loads of good ones within a few miles.

I can confirm the Five Bells West Chilts is the best place locally for beer (5 ales mostly from micros range from lightweight to gor blimey, 1 is always a mild - the Landlord knows his beers and is a top bloke).

explymouthnige

explymouthnige
Jul 5, 2009
Upper Beeding
Don't forget Bramber , reasonable pub and Chinese and carvery at the Old Tollgate , the Indian is a fine eatery
-----------------
Get along to the Rising Sun in Upper Beeding very friendly and about 50p cheaper a pint!!

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Don't forget Bramber , reasonable pub and Chinese and carvery at the Old Tollgate , the Indian is a fine eatery
-----------------
Get along to the Rising Sun in Upper Beeding very friendly and about 50p cheaper a pint!!

Ok , I will try it , it has some new good owners now doesn't it now ? I know a couple of guys who go in there , I may wonder down :cheers:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Storrington - apparently has one of the poorest air qualities in sussex.

I think there is a problem with Manleys Hill, as you come into Storrington from the east due to traffic congestion. They've had an air quality monitor there for quite a while, but I can't imagine it improving much so long as there is so much traffic. Do vehicles coasting down a hill pump out more bad gases? Perhaps it's the vehicles accelerating up the hill as the leave the village? Many moons ago a route for a southern bypass was at an advanced stage, but never came to fruition.

explymouthnige

explymouthnige
Jul 5, 2009
Upper Beeding
Ok , I will try it , it has some new good owners now doesn't it now ? I know a couple of guys who go in there , I may wonder down

---------------------------

Yes, Barry and Sue - You've just missed a cracking weekend in there with the Beer Festival they just had. I always go in there after the game on a Sat for a few swifty's

Nige

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Upper beeding drink with couple of albionites and the local here all ages good fun wondered if there was the same Albion community in storrington

I used to work with Matt Andrews, who would be a regular in the Kings Head. If you know /see him, send my best wishes and ask him when is he coming to Malta ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One word of warning. The motor spares shop in School Hill is (or at least was) run by a Palace supporter.

I bought some number plates from him when I had a BHA plate and he managed to do front and back even though I'd only ordered back. Obviously, the front one was no use to anyone else, so he gave it to me for free. Then forgot to charge me for the back one! Foolishly, I pointed out his error and paid up.

He's actually a very nice bloke!

If you want atmosphere at lunchtime, I can thoroughly recommend Appia (not). I've never seen anyone else in there on the few occasions we went in from work. I guess it gets busier in the evenings.

I worked there for several years up to 2010 and actually quite like the place. Especially now it has a Waitrose rather than a Somerfield (same "care in the community" staff, mind you).

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Nige you lying sod you never go in the riser for a swift one.......a swift 6 or 7 maybe...say hello to Barry and se for me and see you soon mate seaaaaaaaagulllllllls....mark

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Ok , I will try it , it has some new good owners now doesn't it now ? I know a couple of guys who go in there , I may wonder down

---------------------------

Yes, Barry and Sue - You've just missed a cracking weekend in there with the Beer Festival they just had. I always go in there after the game on a Sat for a few swifty's

Nige

I may miss this Saturday as I will probably stay in Brighton after , i will get down there though seems busy most times i drive by

Cheers

Nick

Does anyone else actually raised in Brighton know nothing of other parts of Sussex? Growing up in Brighton for me meant never really leaving there. Haywards Heath a few times and Newhaven and Eastbourne perhaps once. But simply nowhere else.

Working in brighton i met people who as young adults had never been out of brighton and hove the furthest west they had managed was the goldstone???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here