Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sharp? Becchio? Guidetti? Afobe? Someone none of us have heard of?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Uh huh. Ok then, which teams play with two six foot + strikers upfront together?
Prediction: teams full of cloggers.

And anyway, Barnes (for example) is six foot but mobile. Becchio's never going to be a foil for Ulloa and they'll never be paired up so what's the point? Surely you can't argue with that.

Without even researching didn't the game I watched Monday have Man U with x 2 6 ft strikers in van persie and welbeck

I understand your point but its not that black and white .

I actually think becchio and ulloa would be a good partnership , not that Garcia will play that formation from what we have seen so far. Although if they did get game time and clicked then hard to ignore . . . Something Poyet managed to do

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Without even researching didn't the game I watched Monday have Man U with x 2 6 ft strikers in van persie and welbeck

I understand your point but its not that black and white .

I actually think becchio and ulloa would be a good partnership , not that Garcia will play that formation from what we have seen so far. Although if they did get game time and clicked then hard to ignore . . . Something Poyet managed to do

True. They're both pretty nippy though. I see what you're saying, but I think it's a moot point anyway. As you say, can't see us playing 4-4-2 at any point. 5-3-2 is possible I suppose.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
True. They're both pretty nippy though. I see what you're saying, but I think it's a moot point anyway. As you say, can't see us playing 4-4-2 at any point. 5-3-2 is possible I suppose.

The only way I could see a 4-4-2 is if we stumbled across it ie losing a game and 2 strikers turn it round.

Does beg the question of where cms will fit in though. Guess up to him to do business from the bench and force himself into the 11 somehow . Unless of course cms can play in the 3 but who to drop.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The only way I could see a 4-4-2 is if we stumbled across it ie losing a game and 2 strikers turn it round.

Does beg the question of where cms will fit in though. Guess up to him to do business from the bench and force himself into the 11 somehow . Unless of course cms can play in the 3 but who to drop.

:shrug:
I really can't see that he will do, in this system. He's quick but definitely not a 'tricky winger' like Buckley. Can't see that he'd be any good 'in the hole' either.
Hope I'm wrong and that he forces his way in.
Perhaps, on the occasions that Leo doesn't play, he might be our central striker, with Barnes just behind to win flick-ons?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Pooomtanka Montakawanga who plays left back for Hullaboo Town is signing tommorrow quality player from Kenya !!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Those two up top wouldn't be mobile enough. There's a reason no teams (other than Stoke) have two big lads together up top.
Plus, Oscar doesn't play two up front so a new signing would spend time warming the bench.

I have to say I would prefer a Ross M (Dirty Leeds) type of player. Someone to play off of Ulloa.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
For those who have mentioned Steven Ireland and Kevin Doyle....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2405422/Seven-West-Midlands-players--Given-Bannan-Ireland-Hutton-OHara-Johnson-Odemwingie--unable-transfer-high-wages.html?ico=sport^headlines

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here