Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar: We Will Improve

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia tonight told Albion fans to rest assured that his side will improve, despite a third defeat of the season against Derby County at the Amex today.The Seagulls head coach told seagulls.co.uk, "This is not the start I would have dreamed of, if I had it would not have been these three results, but it is a long season and we will improve.
"We are disappointed and sad for the fans. I want to say thank you to the fans for the support they gave us again.
"Today was like the other games. We had lots of chances to score, but again we were not clinical in front of goal. They had three chances and scored two goals.
"We are performing well, but need to be much sharper in both penalty areas, when we are attacking and defending.
"I’m more disappointed at not converting the chances we had than with the goals we conceded. I would be worried if we were not creating chances, we are just not clinical enough.
"I want us to think about what is happening and why. Again we started well but then after scoring we dropped a little and in this competition you have to play 100% for the entire game.
"You cannot afford to not be less than 100% for even one or two minutes, as in this league the opposition will capitalise and punish you.
"After the second goal from Derby we played more in the way I want us to play, but it should not take the other team scoring to change our mentality. We will make a few small changes and for sure we will improve."
ulloa-l229-983366.jpg

Oscar refused to blame Andy D'Urso's decision not to award a penalty shortly before half-time, when Paul Coutts appeared to raise his arm and block David Lopez's free kick with his hand with the score at 1-1.
Despite his reluctance to point the finger at the officials, the Spaniard has already been on the end of three controversial refereeing decisions since he arrived in England.
He added, "I hope soon it will be different and we will have a bit of luck in our favour. Against Leeds they scored after a handball; against Newport the referee sent off Calde; today he did not consider it a penalty.
"We are waiting for the luck to come our way. It was a clear handball, but these things happen, we have to deal with them and I am waiting for the day that this can change and work in our favour."
Oscar will also hope his luck changes this week in terms of injuries and that he has Andrea Orlandi fit for next Saturday's trip to Birmingham, but it is unlikely Liam Bridcutt or Bruno will be back.
Keith Andrews will be in contention for a full debut after coming off the bench today.
"I do not know how long Liam is out for with his groin injury. He will not be joining up with Scotland. I hope that Andrea will be ok for next weekend. We cannot be 100% as we will have to check his progress every day.
"We are pleased to have Keith Andrews here. He is a leader, he is an experienced player, he is comfortable with the ball and he wanted to come from the first minute he knew that we wanted him.
"I think he can help us a lot, but we still need some more signings. Like any coach I want us to have as many good players as possible."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here