Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Well aware of that thanks but we've already got experienced centre mids in Bridcutt, Crofts, Kemy, Lopez and Orlandi with good young back up in Ince and JFC who I was hoping would feature more this season. I just don't see the need for Andrews who is an average championship midfielder turning 33 next month.

We're not going up this season, its a rebuilding mid table season hopefully and I would like to see Ince gain more experience ready for next year rather than wasting time with an old loanee.

You might have decided we're not going up this season but the club are still going to build a squad to try and mount a challenge and to do that we need a few old hands in there as well as blooding some youngsters. Personally I don't think Oscar see's Crofts as part of his plans and I can see him going out on loan hence the signing of Andrews but that's just my opinion.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hopefully Liam stays with us and does not go to Norwich, if he does go then Ince needs blooding and maybe Andrews has been brought in for cover.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Hopefully Liam stays with us and does not go to Norwich, if he does go then Ince needs blooding and maybe Andrews has been brought in for cover.

Andrews left Bolton because they could not guarantee him first team football, surely he did not agree to come here to provide cover?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Thought Ince was great today
Maksimenko seemed to grow into the game and Agustein (though clearly not 100% fit) looked good
Pleased with all of them

Maybe he could have potential but he is far from good enough for that position yet. He didn't organise the midfield and was out of position a lot, made up for a couple of mistakes with decent work but at the end of through day he was only making up for his own errors

That's what I saw too, plenty of raw potential but the Derby midfield was sharper and more purposeful and it's really not good that we are relying on such inexperience, surely needs a six-month loan spell in League one or two somewhere to really blood him, do we really have the luxury of that in our supposed play-off contending position

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
And remember, he is very young for a holding player. Sounds like it'll also take him a while just to get use to shifting his bulk around at this level- learning what he can and can't get away, becoming more efficient. Couldn't go today but excited about seeing him- hope he starts at Brum

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's what I saw too, plenty of raw potential but the Derby midfield was sharper and more purposeful and it's really not good that we are relying on such inexperience, surely needs a six-month loan spell in League one or two somewhere to really blood him, do we really have the luxury of that in our supposed play-off contending position

It is not permitted for me to agree with you or vice versa but on this ocassion I do. As I said in a previous post he has potential but looks like a player with a DS football brain playing in the championship and a loan would do both us and him a lot of good.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
He was AMAZING! MOM for me well done incey boy
Me too....definately MotM for me...Kemy looks strong....but as much as Calde is a nice guy he was found wanting...yes he supplied the pass for Uiioa's goal but was guilty of their second goal...Martin had so much room and time he could've danced to Verdi's Four Seasons before he put it in the net. Bookings....so many that the electronic scoreboard looked like a bowl of cornflakes...but it will come good...couple of Backs.....we will return ...(our library books next week)

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I watched him against Newport and Derby, and if I'm honest, I don't think he's ready at this level. He seems to be be getting rave reviews from NSC but I just don't see it. I think our current midfield is very weak compared to last season.

One for the future? yes. Come off the bench? possibly. Start each game? not yet.

OMG - so we've replaced Harley, Dicker & Hammond with Augustien, Andrews and Ince and you think we're weaker. You seriously need to get some perspective.

Ince looks a prospect but like some of the other newby's needs games & will improve.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I can't believe I've just read this. After years we blood a promising DS player in the first team and now there is a suggestion he should be loaned out to another club. I despair.

I don't know why you're surprised to be honest. Nice guy I'm sure, Albion fan for years I have no doubt, but unfortunately a large percentage of BG's 34,000+ contributions have been nonsense, football-wise. Was Ince as good as Bridcutt? Of course not. Was he MOM? Debatable - he had a few dodgy moments and is at times ungainly and a bit unsettling in comparison to Bridcutt's poise and grace - but he's a physical presence, he wants the ball all the time, a monster in the air, and willing to drive forward (with or without the ball) to help out the attack. IMO probably in our top three performers today and certainly a good prospect at 20 years of age, given it was his DEBUT, up against arguably the brightest central midfield prospect in English football. If he were first pick all season I'd be a little unsure, but as backup for LB and a compliment to Kemy, I'd more than happy for him to come off the bench, or fill in when required due to suspension or injury.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It is not permitted for me to agree with you or vice versa but on this ocassion I do. As I said in a previous post he has potential but looks like a player with a DS football brain playing in the championship and a loan would do both us and him a lot of good.

Genuinely, I would like to sit down and have a pint with you BG. I am not being disrespectful, or rude. I genuinely think it would be interesting to get your perspective on football. Others may lay into you, but I don't agree with that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
OMG - so we've replaced Harley, Dicker & Hammond with Augustien, Andrews and Ince and you think we're weaker. You seriously need to get some perspective.

Ince looks a prospect but like some of the other newby's needs games & will improve.

Perspective? think someone needs some. Since when have Harley, Dicker and Hammond been our first choice midfield? (I would rather have had Hammond starting today but that's my opinion). That midfield was weak today. Do you honestly think we have a stronger midfield than last season at the moment? serious question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here