Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I watched him against Newport and Derby, and if I'm honest, I don't think he's ready at this level. He seems to be be getting rave reviews from NSC but I just don't see it. I think our current midfield is very weak compared to last season.

One for the future? yes. Come off the bench? possibly. Start each game? not yet.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
A lot of his 'fouls' would not have been given by a competent referee. Using your superior strength is not a foul

Thanks for saying it, we were saying it all game! Glad not the only ones that thought he was just being strong, not even challenging!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Maybe he could have potential but he is far from good enough for that position yet. He didn't organise the midfield and was out of position a lot, made up for a couple of mistakes with decent work but at the end of through day he was only making up for his own errors

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't know about the rest of you folks but I thought Ince looked a terrific prospect today. Sure, he had a few dodgy moments (as did all his team mates) but his strength on the ball, skill, hold up play and general willingness to battle for the cause impressed me greatly. He was my MOM by some way and I'd like to see him start at Birmingham. Well done to Oscar for given him his Championship debut. Hopefully he'll rapidly become a better version of Yaya Toure. :thumbsup: I doubt whether he would have even been on the bench had Gus still been here.

I don't think TERRIFIC would be a word I would use for him but I certainly thought he improved in the 2nd half.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ince has potential but Andrews has experience, It doesn't take much working out.

Well aware of that thanks but we've already got experienced centre mids in Bridcutt, Crofts, Kemy, Lopez and Orlandi with good young back up in Ince and JFC who I was hoping would feature more this season. I just don't see the need for Andrews who is an average championship midfielder turning 33 next month.

We're not going up this season, its a rebuilding mid table season hopefully and I would like to see Ince gain more experience ready for next year rather than wasting time with an old loanee.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I watched him against Newport and Derby, and if I'm honest, I don't think he's ready at this level. He seems to be be getting rave reviews from NSC but I just don't see it. I think our current midfield is very weak compared to last season.

One for the future? yes. Come off the bench? possibly. Start each game? not yet.

spot on - realism at last.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's not lose sight of the fact that Ince was making his Championship debut today and that he will only get better with experience. I can't recall a better competitive debut by one of our development squad players for many years. I'm glad I'm not in the minority in rating his performance highly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is about right he had some very good moments and also some very bad which goes to show that he is playing with a DS football brain not a championship one.

He should not be considered to start a game instead of Bridcutt and provided Liam is genuinely injured and not being protected to be sold perhaps he would benefit by going out on loan for 3 months to a Div 1 or 2 side to get some games under his belt and perhaps develop as we need him to.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That is about right he had some very good moments and also some very bad which goes to show that he is playing with a DS football brain not a championship one.

He should not be considered to start a game instead of Bridcutt and provided Liam is genuinely injured and not being protected to be sold perhaps he would benefit by going out on loan for 3 months to a Div 1 or 2 side to get some games under his belt and perhaps develop as we need him to.

I can't believe I've just read this. After years we blood a promising DS player in the first team and now there is a suggestion he should be loaned out to another club. I despair.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can't believe I've just read this. After years we blood a promising DS player in the first team and now there is a suggestion he should be loaned out to another club. I despair.

He hasnt been with very long only a few months so we have hardly developed him, If Bridcutt is genuinely injured Ince isnt going to get many games for us so better he go out on loan for 3 months to play some games and then come back and we assess his ability ,knowledge, and improvement.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He has stuff to work on but for a young lad did very well. Has all the attributes to be a top player in time and seems to have pace and power. Its a tough tinw for a young lad to step into a midfield which hardly know each other so fair play to him.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, Ince followed his impressive hour against newport with an encouraging game today. The andrews addition is a little strange as he didn't look a lot better than crofts, who I think has had his day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here