Rohan Ince

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Apart from the fact that Ince, Bridcutt and Agustein would make an awesome midfield, I can't believe that everyone has missed the humorous possibilities of having Ince a foot taller than Bridcutt and Agustein being as wide as Bridcutt is high.

Ince + Bridcutt + Agustien =

C_71_article_1492071_image_list_image_list_item_0_image-652723.jpg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im loving that all of a sudden we have a trio of young players that are showing well and getting good game time.

March is the best of the 3 in my opinion.

Anyway back to Ince, He does have a very annoying habit of jumping under the ball, and his first touch needs a bit of work, Im hopeful he will turn into a very very good player.

To suggest he is a patch on Bridcutt however at this stage is simply just wrong.

And as well as Ince, JFC and March have done, when the squad is fit we will see ver little of them.

All 3 are doing us proud with the current injury crisis.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I think young Solly should have been given at least the last 15 mins yesterday !
He spent 4 minutes of the added 5 waiting for the ball to go out !!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Anyway back to Ince, He does have a very annoying habit of jumping under the ball, and his first touch needs a bit of work, Im hopeful he will turn into a very very good player.

To suggest he is a patch on Bridcutt however at this stage is simply just wrong.

Maybe but if you asked me to say who was the better player between Ince and Bridcutt after just two competitive starts for the club, I know what I would say; and I happen to think you're wrong about OG not playing Ince when we have a fully fit squad. Rotation of players is rather more likely I think.

Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think young Solly should have been given at least the last 15 mins yesterday !
He spent 4 minutes of the added 5 waiting for the ball to go out !!

Agreed. Solly looks like a very skilful, quick young player and it would be in our best interests I think to bring him on asap. Buckley is unlikely to be fit for parts of the season so he should get some starts.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Agreed. Solly looks like a very skilful, quick young player and it would be in our best interests I think to bring him on asap. Buckley is unlikely to be fit for parts of the season so he should get some starts.

Can we just bin-off Kaz and bring Solly on first-change instead?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
That's the best description of him on today's performance
Just a bit concerned of his header on the first half towards our goal from there corner !
But he is on a steep learning curve and doing very well at the moment IMHO

The header back was Agustein?

Correct. He then spent the next minute apologising but it provided the best defensive one two I've ever seen:

Corner: Ulloa heads out, Kemy heads it back to the penalty spot to Ulloa who overhead kicks the clearance. Genius.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
for a man 6ft 4in tall heading is one of his weak points and on one occasion today, the only time the ball and his head met, Nathan Jones was screaming from the touchline for him to head it rather than let it hit his head.

What has his height got to do with his ability to head a ball? I have not got the you are tall you should be able to head and that is about it. As a tall lad I was always told by certain types of football coaches that my heading should be better while they seemingly missed other abilities, would say its a British thing

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rohan Ince has a midfield presence which makes up for lack of experience. Bridcutt has the skill but lacks the physicality up against taller and bulkier players.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didnt realize that Andrews was injured but thanks for telling me. Yes I was at the game and feel that Ince doing reasonably well was about accurate unlike many on here who would have him as the man to take over from Bale at Spurs. He did the simple things that are within his capability well.

Oh come off it. I really don't think you are being very objective. I appreciate that we differ on the subject of Ince, but.........

He gave away possession once.
He kept the shape of the team much better yesterday than he did against Derby, when he chased the ball a bit too much.
He didn't 'dive in' once, compared to the Derby game.

I really do believe he is a young Patrick Vieira in the making, he's not as good as Bridcutt, and nor should he be expected to be in his 4th game. He certainly pushed Ulloa for MoM in my eyes and is an undoubted talent.

I would ask whether you thought any of the midfield players was better than him yesterday in their respective roles?

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
... and the fact that his lower legs aren't quite properly attached to his knees. But that doesn't seem to trouble him.

Not sure people are comparing him to Peter Smith's ability - more the type of impact he could potentially have. Peter Smith came from nowhere and won player of the season in his first full campaign and (from what we have seen so far) you could see Ince having the same sort of impact...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Needs to improve in the air. For such a big lad no one should get near him in the middle of the park.

Does well with the ball on the deck, looks like he has it in him to become a good player.

I noticed he didn't like the ball in the air much but all in all well impressed.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Correct. He then spent the next minute apologising but it provided the best defensive one two I've ever seen:

Corner: Ulloa heads out, Kemy heads it back to the penalty spot to Ulloa who overhead kicks the clearance. Genius.

Also, did you see Agustein's heel flick to clear the ball out of the centre of the penalty area from a corner? I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on it. I love the man. Sure plenty will moan on here that occasionally he 'gives the ball away' - but that is what you get from an aggressive midfielder intent on creating opportunities, and who isn't scared of trying something audacious. I go to the Amex for entertainment as much as supporting my club, and you get that in bagfuls from him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports