Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking your own nibbles to the Amex

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh, to the guys trying to lose weight check out the program "The people that made us thin". Ep 1 is on BBCiplayer now. It won't make you feel good but it will ultimately help. They did the calculations for Weight Watchers something like 16 people in every 10,000 keep the weight off. The former CEO of WW said "the reason it's a great business is because it doesn't work. If it worked we wouldn't have a business".

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I'm not 100% sure but I think Sodexo pay the club a set figure for the catering in the ground. What they sell, or don't as the case may be, affects their profit, not the club's.

you don't know do you???

Not for sure, no. That's why I started the post with "not 100% sure" and "think":rolleyes:

Does anyone know - for sure?

No joke mate, I make them up about 12ish and they're still hot at HT. I recommend a flask with a wide neck as they can be difficult to get out sometimes. :thumbsup:

Genius, pure unadulterated GENIUS.

I am buying a wide knecked flask tomorrow.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Not for sure, no. That's why I started the post with "not 100% sure" and "think":rolleyes:

Does anyone know - for sure?

Paul Barber mentioned at the town hall that they are paid by Sodexo to run the concession. Not sure if there is any profit share as well.

C

CT1

They won't let you take bottles in, and obviously no alcohol, but people have taken their own food to football for years, I can't see that the Albion would stop you, within reason.

Glass bottles no but I take a plastic bottle in every match

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Thanks for the info and the good responses, and for those who questioned why the need for snacks. We leave home just after midday and don't arrive hone till sevenish, so even with a good early lunch soup and a roll (usually) it' a long time for a growing thirteen year old, who also has football training on saturday morning. I will be taking a flask from now on and maybe a couple of pies from the bakers, not sure about the hot dog manafacturing thing! But hey if it works for you Great. Thanks to all!

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Thought I would give an update on my progress with taking my own snacks to the games this season. On only 2 occasions have I bought food 1 hot dog and 1 chicken pie, taking my own snacks has been great, the variety and the price. We now go to our seats earlier and get to see the players warm up, we don't have to spend our time queuing at the kiosks and also have saved a little money. I truly believe that taking our own picnic (which my wife organises for us) has made my match day experience much better! Thanks all

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Thought I would give an update on my progress with taking my own snacks to the games this season. On only 2 occasions have I bought food 1 hot dog and 1 chicken pie, taking my own snacks has been great, the variety and the price. We now go to our seats earlier and get to see the players warm up, we don't have to spend our time queuing at the kiosks and also have saved a little money. I truly believe that taking our own picnic (which my wife organises for us) has made my match day experience much better! Thanks all

why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here