Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking your own nibbles to the Amex

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Costa coffe bought from the virgin club.....bar of alpen fruit thing...apple, packet of M&S mints...sorted.

Only bought stuff at the Amex when had to stay behind, like big ALS and darrens disco last year and that is about it...I am not one of barbers ideal customers

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sandwich
Sausage Roll
Pork Pie
2* Pepsi Max
2* 7 Up

Are you a fat old boy? :D

No have lost 3.5st in the last 6 months now down to 19st 1lb.

The 2 pepsi max are for me, no points. The 7 up for my brother in law who because of his disability can only drink very weak shandy so a bottle goes into a pint glass and he has some of my sons lager to colour it and make it look like shandy. The other one he has at half time The sandwich OR Pork Pie OR Sausage Roll.

Is that explained and Ok

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
We take a complete picnic never given it any consideration anyone would question it

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Right here goes! Please don't think I am being tight, but like many I have to watch the pennys! What I would like to know from any other fans, is what is the policy at the Amex for bringing your own snacks and drinks to your seats for match,s. On tuesday I purchased 2 portions of chips (15 chips per portion) and 3 cokes and got rammed on the price. Now I realise the club needs to make money, but I also have to make sure I stay on budget too, so what I am asking is what are we allowed to take in and what do others take.
Thanks for any input in advance

Always take our own - club prices are a rip off.!!

D

Deleted member 18477

Ive taken a sandwich and bottle of water in before for an evening game. No problem at all! I did however get stopped taking a can of diet coke in once.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I saw a female enjoying a good finger in the west lower once, looked fabulous

thought it was dream at first but nope, it was the milk chocolate ones

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i took half a bottle of whisky into Fulham on new years day many moons ago,i was still going strong from the night before and was in plonker mode,said booze was confiscated and i was informed i could pick it up after the game(yeah right).Approached a chap post match who opened up a Dr Who style kiosk full of booze,was sent merrily on my way reunited with my scotch and with a warm fuzzy feeling for the stewards at Fulham FC.

I have no idea on the ground regulations taking your own stuff in but it happens up and down the country week in week out,it would be a brave club to ban it outright and start searching everyone and confiscating mars bars.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When alcohol was banned I went to an England Scotland game at Wembley and you have never seen so many jocks eating oranges. All I was told, by one, impregnated with vodka.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
When alcohol was banned I went to an England Scotland game at Wembley and you have never seen so many jocks eating oranges. All I was told, by one, impregnated with vodka.
thats about as subtle as the taking shed loads of tizer into a test match oh and some fruit.......voila alcohol free pimms cocktail

some of the stewards must think tizer is a national drink

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Why not ring out for a pizza or other takeaway? You can just meet the delivery guy at the exit gate if the stewards won't let him up to your seat. Schedule the delivery for half time if you don't want to miss any of the game. PS It explains why most football fans are so fat if no-one seems capable of going two hours without stuffing their faces.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
encouraged by this thread i took a carrier bag of snacks and a drink into wsl today unchecked ....next time i think a check table cloth and flask

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I take frankfurters in a flask and hot dog rolls for me and the boys to make up at half time. A quarter of the price and actually edible unlike the ones they sell at the stadium, I take drinks and sweets aswell and never been stopped.

Brilliant. I like your style.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The do not stop you taking bottles of coke or 7 up in to the lower west, and rightly so, and for the first time ever I am taking a sandwich, sausage roll or pork pie with me tomorrow. In the winter I take a flask of oxtail and mulligatawny soup, no problem.

Now, l like oxtail soup, and absolutely love mulligatawny ... but mixed together?, l'm not so sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here