Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking your own nibbles to the Amex

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Back in the Goldstone days, I remember people used to bring their flasks of coffee or Bovril on to the East Terrace. Bloody needed it, standing in the cold up there.

Oh, the days. I remember a home match against Hayes in 1992. Sheeting down with rain all match. Oh for the Bovril flask that day !

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I took a pack of starburst with me to the Newport game, the problem is when your nervous you end up destroying the packet in less than 10 minutes...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I take frankfurters in a flask and hot dog rolls for me and the boys to make up at half time. A quarter of the price and actually edible unlike the ones they sell at the stadium, I take drinks and sweets aswell and never been stopped.

That is a belting idea :thumbsup:

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
I take frankfurters in a flask and hot dog rolls for me and the boys to make up at half time. A quarter of the price and actually edible unlike the ones they sell at the stadium, I take drinks and sweets aswell and never been stopped.
That's one of the best ideas I've heard. Might do the same when the weather gets cooler.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
How the hell are we going to make up the 8 million with fans like you:facepalm:

While I understand your point eather tongue in cheek or otherwise, and the 8 million pound short fall does worry me, my own personal financial security and responsability come first! While a manic loyal fan who wishs things to become better finacially, I pay my share 2 season tickets replica shirts and on and on! Please don't judge me on the fact that I need to save a little bit of money!

While I understand your point eather tongue in cheek or otherwise, and the 8 million pound short fall does worry me, my own personal financial security and responsability come first! While a manic loyal fan who wishs things to become better finacially, I pay my share 2 season tickets replica shirts and on and on! Please don't judge me on the fact that I need to save a little bit of money!

I'm pretty much in the same boat,have dropped from 3 s/t to 2 this year and will not have cash for overpriced poor quality food,we eat before we leave for the stadium.Never noticed anyone getting stopped for bringing own grub.:thumbsup:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
2 pints in the swan??? 2 more pints cornish pastie and a tub of pringles on the seat over looking the duck pond:albion2: bliss:clap2:

Telscombe Seagull

Aug 15, 2003
Burgess Hill
An 'older' lady in West upper used to brign in a full on picnic sometimes, tupperware boxes of salads, sandwichs, flasks etc. was beginning to wonder if it was her dinner or if she was simply bored and wanted something to do. Also witnessed a women in East lower Knitting during a game previously! ???

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I take candy bracelets and chomp on them, smuggled up my sleeve. Might take some candy fags with red ends but might get asked to leave.

I also take a jar of marmite and a spoon in the winter .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've usually got 2 packed lunches for the kids, 2 or 3 plastic bottles of squash (I did have a pint of Speckled Hen in a plastic cycling bottle once - but it didn't taste the same!), I've also had flask of hot chocolate, and occasionally on a cold night a hip flask of single malt :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here