Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club food

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
some of the 1901 egos have taken a battering , shame that , AS IV'E SAID BEFORE, EVER GET THE FEELING YOU'RE GETTING MUGGED OFF :lolol:
regards
DR

How heartening to see that you're getting so much enjoyment at some of your fellow Albions fans getting such crap value for all the extra money they give to your football club.

Regards
E10

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The T&Cs for the license are set. There is wriggle room in some areas but the club's obligation to offer the same seat is cast iron. After all, this is the whole reason for the PSL.

The club can change the T&C's, they already have done each season, not for anything significant. But why do you think they send out new club rules all the time.

However you are right they can't deal with the fact people have purchase their seat. What they can do though is price certain areas so that they are clearly only affordable for corporates. If for example they divided the middle into four or five sections, with the central area being three times the current cost, the next areas out two times the current cost and the final area 50% higher than the current cost, they would be within their rights to do so. This would mean those in central probably struggling to move to a cheaper seat (perhaps though that is why they are keeping North West available?) but would invariably mean some fans having to move out of 1901 and corporates filling it. And if we are in the premiership I do believe corporates would fill up to a 1,000 of the central seats.

And there would be nothing anyone could do about this.

Jan 30, 2008
Actually 1901 was never an ego thing for any of us, well not most of us anyway, and would I do it again, yes I would. For me it was the best seat in the house, I got a parking space so my elderly father could go to games more easily, and the rest of the nonsense was irrelevant to me.

And also CURRENTLY it reasonable value, given the number of cup games etc that have been added into it plus programmes, plus free tea etc, and the parking space it works out for well for my gold membership.

However I still recognise it is a shambles,a nd the lack of football food is a problem, oddly enough it got better last season with more standard fair on offer, but that has now gone backwards again.
mates thinking about selling his next season, bought as an investment but "has seen the light" so to speak , said some people in 1901 acting above their station ,he even got told to stop leaning forward in his seat by some one last season, obviously told him where to get off :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The club can change the T&C's, they already have done each season, not for anything significant. But why do you think they send out new club rules all the time.

However you are right they can't deal with the fact people have purchase their seat. What they can do though is price certain areas so that they are clearly only affordable for corporates. If for example they divided the middle into four or five sections, with the central area being three times the current cost, the next areas out two times the current cost and the final area 50% higher than the current cost, they would be within their rights to do so. This would mean those in central probably struggling to move to a cheaper seat (perhaps though that is why they are keeping North West available?) but would invariably mean some fans having to move out of 1901 and corporates filling it. And if we are in the premiership I do believe corporates would fill up to a 1,000 of the central seats.

I agree there is some wriggle room, there has to be with a 50 year product, but the basic premise of the PSL holds. I also appreciate your comment about wholesale pricing people out. I have considered this and if I was ever unable to afford my ticket for any reason I'd simply rent it out. My seat is also a prime candidate for conversion, and equally it's a seat I feel I would have no trouble loaning or renting out. All you need is a few more people like me and any reconfiguration on the club's terms is a non-runner.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But how will they do this? Each and every 1901 seat has a license which the seat holder owns so no reconfiguration of the seating can occur. The cannot simply say "this seating section is now corporate." The club is legally obliged to offer each 1901 seat to the current license owner for the next 48 years if they have a life-time membership.

Could they not just change the terms of the licence to suit themselves like they did with the Club Charter over transport?

Jan 30, 2008
How heartening to see that you're getting so much enjoyment at some of your fellow Albions fans getting such crap value for all the extra money they give to your football club.

Regards
E10
no enjoyment Easy 10 , but that comment alone sounds elitist ??? you paid your money in good faith and got what ???
regards
DR

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If I was 1901 I would firstly start a protest by taking your own food to games just to get the message across.

Surely if you all sat round the tables with a picnic that would really start to piss people off ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Could they not just change the terms of the licence to suit themselves like they did with the Club Charter over transport?

Very much so I have a mail from a director which is now total nonsense as the goalposts were moved.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's a legally binding signed contract of terms between club and me. I do not think so. The club charter is just some corporate spin.

Jan 30, 2008
If I was 1901 I would firstly start a protest by taking your own food to games just to get the message across.

Surely if you all sat round the tables with a picnic that would really start to piss people off ?
you still sitting by the pool in Marmaris :facepalm:
regards
DR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
no enjoyment Easy 10 , but that comment alone sounds elitist ??? you paid your money in good faith and got what ???
regards
DR

I'm not 1901 anyway, but I thought your amusement at the whole thing a bit distasteful. You're pointing and laughing at fellow Albion fans, not faceless corporate suits.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Rules state we can't bring our own food into 1901. Think I'll start ignoring that one on Saturday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I wouldn't be totally surprised if this happens.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's a legally binding signed agreement between club and me. I do not think so. The club charter is just some corporate spin.
I take your point, but ultimately the 'licence' is just a bit of paper issued by the football club and is just about who sits in what seat in a private building that the football club owns (effectively). In the event that it's altered I'm not sure you waving a bit of paper around saying "but I've got a LICENCE!" will have any effect, they may just rip out your physical seat and GIVE it to you.

I dunno, you're probably right and you obviously know more about the Ts and Cs than me, it's just that, well, don't be surprised if they try it on.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not 1901 anyway, but I thought your amusement at the whole thing a bit distasteful. You're pointing and laughing at fellow Albion fans, not faceless corporate suits.
i'll take back that bit then, i know a few people in 1901 but still think they're getting mugged off , i'll stick to my guns AS I'M SURE THERE'S PLENTY OF EGOS TO BE MASSAGED
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here