Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club food

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Cut price offers to enter the 1901 in the future, its not a problem.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

The little mowhawk lad spends most of his time outside . And when we left last night the doors were locked . Who came to our aid and opened the fire exit ? None other than Martin Perry!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I think they should survey the 1901 members

Q1) Do you regard yourself as corporate or fan members

Q2) Do you require corporate style entertainment and if so how often

Questions that have never been asked as far as I know.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think they should survey the 1901 members

Q1) Do you regard yourself as corporate or fan members

Q2) Do you require corporate style entertainment and if so how often

Questions that have never been asked as far as I know.

I would reckon at minimum 80% would class themselves as fans. You should actually be able to work that out just from the database of members.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Most of the non corporates will likely be priced out come renewal time.

We all know (expect) prices to go up at the end of the 5 years, but do you think they will want to ship out 2000+ fans by hiking the prices so much that they price them out? Would they be able to find 2000 people willing to pay a lot, lot more. Would they have to buy back all the seat licenses?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We all know (expect) prices to go up at the end of the 5 years, but do you think they will want to ship out 2000+ fans by hiking the prices so much that they price them out? Would they be able to find 2000 people willing to pay a lot, lot more. Would they have to buy back all the seat licenses?

I think the crucial factor is where we are at the time. If we are in the Premier League then we know the 'glory hunter' corporates will be queuing up. I just have an uneasy feeling.

D

Deleted User X18H

When we got to the bar after full time last night around 10:35 the staff in the Juice Lounge told us it was shut. We ordered a drink anyway and were reluctantly served, in a lounge we pay a premium for to have a drink and relax in before during and after the match.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
When we got to the bar after full time last night around 10:35 the staff in the Juice Lounge told us it was shut. We ordered a drink anyway and were reluctantly served, in a lounge we pay a premium for to have a drink and relax in before during and after the match.

I believe the licence is fixed before the game. The fact that it went into extra time meant that by the time the game finished it was time for last orders.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think the crucial factor is where we are at the time. If we are in the Premier League then we know the 'glory hunter' corporates will be queuing up. I just have an uneasy feeling.

That's a lot of glory hunters to be queuing up, I'm not sure there would be that many. And for most of us, we have a lifetime (50 year) seat license, they would cost the club a fortune to buy back, 2000 @ £1000 a pop, imagine how popular Barber would be if he honked out £2M on that, rather than on the playing budget :laugh:

I think it's best to wait and see what happens, rather than speculate, an awful lot can happen in the next 3 years.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

5 years worth of price rises in one go isn't going to be great.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was reasonably happy to pay £40ish plus the cost of wine quite a few times over the last two seasons, however I am not paying £90 plus and I'm certainly not paying for overpriced canteen food. So the club have lost any food and wine income from me, I'm not sure that I'm alone here.

I will probably eat elsewhere and arrive just before kick off which means they won't be getting any beer money from me pre-match either.

It is a shambles.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I treated myself to 1901 on the basis of the seats and the parking. I suppose I knew from the outset that 1901 would be based on a corporate philosophy and was pleased to find that the reality was entirely different from that with the majority of seats taken up by old school fans from days gone by who were after the same thing as me.
How, after two years, the club has simply not sussed this and adapted 1901 to suit is, quite simply, staggering.
Last night, I got there later than hoped and just before kick off after sitting on a train from London for nearly two hours and I was hoping to get some food at half time. Half time appears, the £19 plate of food 'buffet' has been cleared and my only option is to get in the bar queue and buy a pie. Is that honestly the best that 1901 can offer it's 'fans'?
The view from the seats can't be knocked, the parking is shite and I never use it, the food options are an expensive joke and the dress code is farcical.
The whole thing is an UTTER shambles.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not in the 1901 Club so can't comment on the ongoing horror stories, but I would have thought by now that the club realise that the 1901 Club isn't a corporate environment - it's a bunch of fans who fancied treating themselves to watching football in slightly more salubrious surroundings for a few extra quid. In short, it's a FANS' environment.

Similarly, there aren't many big companies associated with the club that would simply shrug off a £19 buffet or a £90 meal to expenses on the simple premise that we are not a big company club. We're not in the Premier League; we're not playing Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc week in, week out, and that this corporate stuff is - for the time being - irrelevant.

Meanwhile the core support is voting with its feet. It sounds like the people in the concourses are arguably getting the better deal.

Any comments, or am I way off the mark?
That's all right and proper for now, but what happens post promotion?

The whole ethos of The Amex is that of a Premier League club in waiting.
The club wouldn't be able to roll out this facility in the 6 weeks from Wembley to first home game v Utd.

Missing that gravy train would surely cost more money than they are currently losing on a pot of curry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have long since thought the 1901 is more fans than corporate, we nearly paid up but thought better of it and thankfully picked the WSU.

To be giving away a load of unwanted DVDs is a total insult in my view.

If I was in the 1901 I think I would bring my own food to every game just to prove a point.

The bottom line is that the club do not, and cannot ever have, a true corporate seating area. They cannot re-configure the seating so they should accept 1901 for what it is and provide products accordingly. In all fairness Azure were almost there with the balance and range of product, it was the quality which let them down. They always had a healthy number of diners, the price was sensible, and the remainder was pies, crisps, baguettes and pie and mash etc. This current lot do not seem to have any clue about their customers.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I was going to ask if anyone had experienced the new VIP deal. And to think this is twice the price of last season's sit-down experience. A DVD of last season's Leicester game's an odd touch. It gives the impression they're off-loading unwanted/unsold club stock as corporate gifts. I wonder if the Falmer For All book will make an appearance shortly.

They will giving out last seasons replica kit next

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be replaced with?

Quite. As has been discussed before supply equals demand with 1901. If the prices go to high then there will be a lot of empty and expensive seats at the AMEX.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here