Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club food

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
The poor girls behind the buffet....They are walking around our lounge GIVING bowls of the curry away for FREE as they haven't had ONE customer! That's not one customer willing to pay £19 for one plate.

On a side note I am currently at the bar and asked for one appletiser and one guiness. I got given one coke and one appletiser. When he eventually poured my Guiness he left it standing behind bar (down by the sink on the other side), walked off and served other groups so I had to reach down and grab it myself!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The club seem unbelievably shambolic at the moment. Don't see why we are going backwards ?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£19 for a bowl of curry ?

The club is losing the plot big time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
piss take you can get these for 99p

bc.JPG

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£19 in The Ganges is a bloody good night out.

That I firmly agree with. The club really is cocking it up big time now, I wonder who really is to blame for this shambles

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That I firmly agree with. The club really is cocking it up big time now, I wonder who really is to blame for this shambles

My meal in The Ganges typically comes in at £20 and whilst I dont stuff myself silly equally I don't hold back: poppadoms, chutney, starter, main, rice and a Cobra. Unquestionable quality as well.

As for your second point the buck has to stop with Barber. He took the bold move of sacking Azure and appointing this lot.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My meal in The Ganges typically comes in at £20 and whilst I dont stuff myself silly equally I don't hold back: poppadoms, chutney, starter, main, rice and a Cobra. Unquestionable quality as well.

As for your second point the buck has to stop with Barber. He took the bold move of sacking Azure and appointing this lot.

Yes, Barber must get this ****ing shambles resolved ASAP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, Barber must get this ****ing shambles resolved ASAP

It's a crying shame as its been demonstrated over the past 2 seasons that people will part with money on a more than regular basis if the product is good and the price is fair. But, very few will do this if they feel they're being taken advantage of....and £19 for a plate of buffet style food is a liberty. It would be a bit better if you could help yourself but its just one plateful and they plate it up.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a feeling they will be making tracks to change this whole setup very, very soon. Saw about 6 people eating in the Overpriced Lounge, and those that had paid the £90 for VIP were presented with a DVD of last season as their free gift. It looked like a soulless experience for the too.

We even had an email this afternoon confirming the cash back situation in 1901, and low and behold, the staff and tills hadn't heard anything so no cashback at all was applied.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Who cares.

Club are GUARANTEED income from it. Not us who lose out.

Where on earth do you get that from? If no-one buys the beer and food, there will be no money for Sodexo to pass to the club. The club needs the 1901 lounges to buy beer and food in numbers to ensure a decent return, right now they are unlikely to get anything like what they need. It's quite vital to the club that the entire stadium generates decent revenue from the catering, if this shower don't improve drastically, then we should all care.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who cares.

Club are GUARANTEED income from it. Not us who lose out.

Do you actually understand business and profit / loss ?

The revenue is vital to the club but they are seriously getting it very wrong.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think it's sad - and can't get angry.

Everything seems a little bit amateurish at the moment,

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I mentioned to Paul Rogers that the buffet wasn't exactly popular. I got the impression that the club is really struggling to get the mix right between providing for the corporates and genuine fans.

£19 is hilarious though.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I have a feeling they will be making tracks to change this whole setup very, very soon. Saw about 6 people eating in the Overpriced Lounge, and those that had paid the £90 for VIP were presented with a DVD of last season as their free gift. It looked like a soulless experience for the too.

We even had an email this afternoon confirming the cash back situation in 1901, and low and behold, the staff and tills hadn't heard anything so no cashback at all was applied.

What the ****!?

Right, I know it's unrealistic to compare and all that but...

Got taken to the posh seats at Old Trafford by a client for the United v Chelsea FA Cup game last season, first time I'd ever done the whole lounge thing.

Arrived two hours early, free glass of red on arrival, roast pork buffet which was top restaurant quality whilst watching the other FA Cup match that was on that day, can't remember what it was. They even give you this posh Man United bag with a programme and a little glass lasered memento thing with the date of the fixture and the opponent on it. It's pretty tacky, but it's a lot more unique than a ****ing season review.

Then ordered beers for half-time, went to the seats (there's even baskets of sweets as you go to your seat, munched on Drumsticks throughout the whole game), watched first-half, go back down to lounge and beers are there ready on the table. Down pints, watch first-half highlights and back out. You can then order drinks for full-time but I almost found myself disliking United less so decided not to. Staff were mainly local Mancs which was nice, considering I was in a room full of cockneys.

I know that's definitely a lot more expensive and established, but if we provided something like that, people WOULD pay for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here