[Official Site] Oscar Rues Cruel Defeat

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-966495_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:49 3rd August 2013
by Adam Tighe
I know what the players can do and for me the most important thing now is to continue improving the players and improving the team."
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia was left deflated by Luke Murphy’s controversial late winner for Leeds United.The Albion boss was disappointed that the use of Murphy’s arm in the build up to the goal was not spotted by officials and feels it was a cruel way to end his first game in English football.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was a cruel and disappointing way to lose the match. I think everybody saw that it was handball and I think that when the referee arrives home he will see on his television that it was handball.
“However, the referee has a very difficult job. It is not easy to decide in a split second but this has made the difference today.
leo229-966631.jpg

"I would not like to be a referee because it is difficult to decide what has happened in such a short space of time."
Leeds were indebted to their keeper Paddy Kenny as he produced a brilliant save to deny Will Buckley moments before the hosts grabbed their late winner, and Garcia pointed to missed chances as a reason for the loss.
“We started really well and in the second half we played much better than Leeds for periods. We had two very clear chances to score but we didn’t, and in football it is normally the team who scores their chances that wins the game – this is why Leeds have won today.
“I know what the players can do and for me the most important thing now is to continue improving the players and improving the team. It is only the first game and if we had scored a few moments before them we would be talking differently now, but that is the way it goes.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here