Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 food and service at the Norwich game

Unfortunately the response form the clubs is simply that they (Sodexo) shouldn't be judged on performance at two pre season friendlies. Apparently many members of 1901 think it is too harsh to judge them on their performance in their first two games.
Well then ... that's focus groups for you. Carry on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfortunately the response form the clubs is simply that they (Sodexo) shouldn't be judged on performance at two pre season friendlies. Apparently many members of 1901 think it is too harsh to judge them on their performance in their first two games.

1) they can be judged and judged against the stop-gap caterers which did an excellent job
2) Food quality, prices and menu do NOT need any time to bed in.

This is a disappointing response.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Dicks Bar for me and Mrs Earl. Chicken and choritzo pie and a coke for me. Pie pretty grim, not much filling and overcooked hard pie crust. Coke was ok though. Mrs Earl had Chicken and ham pie. Pretty grim, not much filling and overcooked hard pie crust. See the trend here? Seemed to enjoy her well poured pint of Guinness though. Barman pleasant, but English clearly not his first language. Struggled with the phrase half pint so I gave up and ordered a pint. Struggled with the idea that the Chicken and Choritzo and the Special Pie were one and the same. But, as I say, pleasant lad....

But I had no idea the Bridge car park was such a long walk. Won't be doing that again in a hurry. Assumed it would be at the ground for £10, not flipping Moulescoombe!!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Customer :- 3 and a half pints of Heineken please.
Bar staff : Sorry?
Customer :- 3 and a half pints of Heineken please.
Bar Staff : What do you mean 3 and a half pints?
Customer :- I mean 3 and a half pints of Heineken please.
Bar Staff : - I don't understand - we can't do that!
Customer :- I mean 3 and a half pints of Customer - You pour out 1 pint of Heineken in a pint Glass, then the same again, and again and then again but in a half pint glass.

After some con flab with two other staff he then proceeded to pour out 3 pints which were no good (all head) and a manager saw them and said "thats no good I'll show you how to pour them" and he then poured three more which looked no better than the first three so he huffed took off his jacket dived under the bar to adjust the pipes presumably and poured 3 more which were ok but we then had about eight glasses worth on the bar.

I know everyone needs to learn but you would think they would run through basic procedures with them and why are their no locally or even English born people at all in the staff? If they had one or two they might be able to pass local drinking requirements on!

Hilarious

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I would have expected them to do better at a couple of gentle friendlies with only 10k and 12k fans than they will with 25k+ fans at a tense League match.
P.S. Over 10% increase in the cost of candy bar bags. That's just taking the Michael!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not 1901 but now decided no more food or booze for me and Mrs Rat this season. We'll do our food and booze away from the ground from now on. OK so it was only £20 or so a game but can't be doing any more with long queues and crap product

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It doesnt affect me as I am not n 1901 club but I would have thought that it wouldnt be too difficult to organise a small menu that is easily complied with like a steak, a fish dish vegetarian and possibly a chicken.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
I would have expected them to do better at a couple of gentle friendlies with only 10k and 12k fans than they will with 25k+ fans at a tense League match.
P.S. Over 10% increase in the cost of candy bar bags. That's just taking the Michael!

To be fair the candy bags are not run by the club. The owner of sweet suppliers has to pay large amount for his right to sell there. Also bear in mind this is the first increase in these sweets. The person who owns this is Brighton through and through, (sat next to him at Withdean for our tenure three) I don't begrudge these being increased, at least they can handle a queue.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Any feedback from those who went to the meeting? The comments I posted were part of an email response I had.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Generally agree regarding food quality and service, although actually worked in my favour for once on Tuesday when significantly under charged for food and drink during a busy half-time rush and panic.
Should feel a little guilty and send the balance to the club really............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here