Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
A player like Redmond would make all the difference to us. If we had him playing for us last season I think we might have been booking our tickets to Man U and the like.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Thought Benno had a reasonably quiet game, should of scored in the second half. But I don't think he would fit in now in our present set-up. I would take Buckley over him now anyday, thought Redmond was their most dangerous player yesterday and will get better and better, now he is in the Premiershit with Norwich.

Yes Redmond caught the eye a lot more because he can beat players for fun. But I though Benno was very effective too, good direct running and still has his rasping shot. Of course we should welcome him back with open arms - it's not instead of Buckley but with, surely. Yes I'd love to have KLL in the team first choice too but Poyet clearly had some issues and strangely Oscar didn't start him in either Amex friendly (despite his superb game at Crawley :shrug: )

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes Redmond caught the eye a lot more because he can beat players for fun. But I though Benno was very effective too, good direct running and still has his rasping shot. Of course we should welcome him back with open arms - it's not instead of Buckley but with, surely. Yes I'd love to have KLL in the team first choice too but Poyet clearly had some issues and strangely Oscar didn't start him in either Amex friendly (despite his superb game at Crawley :shrug: )

Or...LuaLua is overrated on here by some. Very, very variable player.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Every ball in he did was brilliant. Forgot about that.

He also looked taller and bulkier. Have they stretched him?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Surprised how feisty he was. Moaning all through the match. Do not remember that side of him at Withers. Perhaps the occasion got to him. His muted acknowledgement of the standing ovation when he went off was presumably so he did no upset the Norwich fans. Agree that Redmond was very good.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some crazy comments on here. Bennett would WALK straight into our team, no problem, and (with the POSSIBLE exception of Bridcutt) would be our best player.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some crazy comments on here. Bennett would WALK straight into our team, no problem, and (with the POSSIBLE exception of Bridcutt) would be our best player.

Hard to judge as different positions, but for me a fully fit Ulloa, Kuzszcak, Upson and Spanish Dave are all at the least the equal if not better. Bennett's barely made a dent in the Premiership, more than Crofts sure but not by a massive amount.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Also, bear in mind you must be mostly judging him on his League One output - by which yardstick, Lua Lua was a PHENOMENAL player.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would love Benno back. What a player.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
thought he still looked good, although not particularly interested in a pre-season friendly up against old team mates. There was a classic moment where Bridcutt dispossessed him and strode away with the ball while Bennett ended up on the turf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here