Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maksimenko

JoshFanner

Jul 22, 2013
I wasn't too impressed with him in the 1st half, 2nd half he did seem to get a lot better. Only concern though is that he seemed to be a bit unaware of the offside rule at times

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Not sure he is comfortable at left back but didn't have a bad game. Looked a lot better than he did at Whitehawk a few weeks ago so maybe he has settled a bit.

Dunk for me is the biggest constant liability and poor performer in the defence.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Over Calde?

Yes, he is a natural left footer and has a bit of pace, that says to me that he starts....Calde and Bruno to cover RB, Calde bench as cover across the back. Dunk should be reassessed, he is still struggling, there just seems to be no improvement season to season.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
When he got forward, he looked good. But his crossing needs to be worked on, far to many times it was to easily cleared by Whittaker. But apart from that, he looked composed on the ball, always looked out wide to Bruno and Buckley, when the opportunity raised. But I would feel much more confident, if we can get a experienced left-back in before Leeds.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One Maksi
Two Maksi
Three Maksimenko

Four Maksi
Five Maksi
Six Maksimenko

Seven Maksi
Eight Maksi
Nine Maksimenko

Hey Maksimenko

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thought he looked horribly out of his depth in the first half.

Needs to improve vastly if he is to be a first-team regular. While not everyone at left-back can be as good as Wayne Bridge in this division, his quality should at least be a target to aim for.

Still, it was only one game, and it could have been a one-off poor performance from Vitaly.

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
He played well second half, not so great in the first half, but i was pretty impressed. still think calde is our first choice though!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would prefer him to play against Leeds than Calderon who is awful at left back as he is always out of position and on his 'wrong' foot, if that is possible for a pro footballer who should be reasonably proficient with both feet. Calderon is an able deputy at every other position in the back four.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would prefer him to play against Leeds than Calderon who is awful at left back as he is always out of position and on his 'wrong' foot, if that is possible for a pro footballer who should be reasonably proficient with both feet. Calderon is an able deputy at every other position in the back four.

Quite right. He could even do Bridcutt's role, but he is woeful as a left back.

Jimmy Grimble

One Maksi
Two Maksi
Three Maksimenko

Four Maksi
Five Maksi
Six Maksimenko

Seven Maksi
Eight Maksi
Nine Maksimenko

Hey Maksimenko

Brilliant :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For me, the only realistic option is to sign an experienced LB BEFORE the Leeds game.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Not sure he is comfortable at left back but didn't have a bad game. Looked a lot better than he did at Whitehawk a few weeks ago so maybe he has settled a bit.

Dunk for me is the biggest constant liability and poor performer in the defence.

Not sure what game you were watching. Dunk, in my opinion, was one of the better Albion players on the pitch last night. I think concern should be directed at Greer. Woeful performance, not worthy of a starting place.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I wanted Maksimenko to look assured and comfortable - and he was the only player who stayed on for 90 minutes. I thought he looked inexperienced and although he improved as the game went on I agree that he's not ready yet. Just the comparison between him and Bridge last season makes me fear the worst. Bridge was a real performer and now we are back to experiments. At least one downside to our summer from hell - we need a quality left back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure what game you were watching. Dunk, in my opinion, was one of the better Albion players on the pitch last night. I think concern should be directed at Greer. Woeful performance, not worthy of a starting place.

As has been said many times it all about opinions and FWIW I am a major critic of Dunk but he started off very well and looked assured until he went to sleep to allow the man to get in front of him for the goal after that he wasnt so good and dominating and lost the ball a number of times when trying to bring it out. Greer on the other hand I thought was awful last night and seemed more intent on upsetting the ref and players around him from both sides. Based on last nights showing I wiould start with Upson and El Abd in the centre of defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here