Will Mugabe Win This Weeks Election?

Will Mugabe Win?

• Yes

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

Stumpy Tim

A good friend of mine is Zimbabwean. He says some of the whites are voting for Mugabe because apparently his party will overthrow him if he doesn't win, and the next in-line is even more of an animal than Mugabe. Can't remember what his name is, but he's known as The Crocodile.

Either way, the country is screwed

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A good friend of mine is Zimbabwean. He says some of the whites are voting for Mugabe because apparently his party will overthrow him if he doesn't win, and the next in-line is even more of an animal than Mugabe. Can't remember what his name is, but he's known as The Crocodile.

Either way, the country is screwed

Mugabe=the Crocodile

Only 28000 whites, not sure how many will or are eligible to vote, but out of a 13 million population, it doesn't amount to a 'hill of beans' in the grand scheme.

The country has been screwed for 25 years.

MDC head of the treasury has stabilised economy. or at least trimmed the rampant world record inflation.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
My friend hates him, but she, her family, and her circle of friends are all Matabele.

Yep....and will vote MDC as a result(if registered)......Morgan Tsvangirai is inexperienced, but he has the support of SA, and should benefit accordingly, if the vote goes his way of course.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Mugabe=the Crocodile

Only 28000 whites, not sure how many will or are eligible to vote, but out of a 13 million population, it doesn't amount to a 'hill of beans' in the grand scheme.

The country has been screwed for 25 years.

MDC head of the treasury has stabilised economy. or at least trimmed the rampant world record inflation.

The country was booming up until the MDC started getting popular and Bob's power was looking threatened - around the turn of the Century.

They got rid of the rampant inflation by ditching the Zim dollar altogether. They now use Rands, Pounds, Dollars and Euros.

I maybe wrong, but I would think that some of the whites that are still there will vote for him - they are probably on his side and making lots of money as a result, rather like van Hoogstraten

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The country was booming up until the MDC started getting popular and Bob's power was looking threatened - around the turn of the Century.

I am not going to enter a long running debate on this, but you are so far from the truth it almost beggars belief. In the ten years after 1980, the economic policies, largely based around protectionism, stifled development and growth, and actually created unemployment on levels never seen before in the country.

The dollarisation of the economy has helped stabalise things, reduced the mad inflation rates, but this was put in place by the MDC banking head as part of the coalition agreement after the last election.

At the the turn of the century the economy was royally cooked....nothing to do with Bobs perception of threats to his tenure from the MDC.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
depressing but van hoogstraten will be happy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will Mugabe win? I'd bet some poor Zimbaweans life on it.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Just watching Mugabe on the news and it is unbelievable that he is 89 - he looks about 50. Obviously eating people is good for you.

A few years ago while down there on safari, I got talking to an old-lag Mozambiquan journalist who's covered Zimbabwe for the regional news for 30-odd years.

He believes Mugabe heads to Singapore every 6 months for secret stem cell injections. That's why he seems to get younger every year...

Although eating your rivals' livers with fava beans and a nice Chianti probably doesn't hurt either...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here