[Official Site] David's Delight

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
david-l229-952107_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
13:35 29th July 2013
by Adam Tighe
Midfielder David Lopez has expressed his joy at penning a new deal with Albion.David was an integral part of the side that secured fourth place last season, emerging as a real fans' favourite in the process, and he reveals that a return to the Amex was top of his agenda.
The Spaniard told seagulls.co.uk, “My first option was always to stay here in Brighton because last season was so fantastic for me, the club and my team-mates, and for my family it was a good year too.
“I spoke on the phone to Oscar and he said to me to come back here and that he would like me to play again.
“I also had Albion fans on Twitter telling me to return to Brighton and that is what I have always wanted.
lopez-l229-721964.jpg

"I am very happy to return here and now I want to get training with the squad. I was training in Spain, doing running and gym work, so I am ready when Oscar wants me."
The former Bilbao man went on to praise Albion’s loyal fan base and also believes Oscar’s football philosophy will aid him.
“It is a good city and the club is fantastic and of course so are the supporters. It is unbelievable here, every game has 25, 26 thousand people in the stadium, it is fantastic.
“It is important that the style is the same under Oscar and for me it is better because I am an attacking player, so this style is very good for me.
“This season we will try to be the same or even better than last season. We finished well in the league last year and it was fantastic. We played good football so this year we will try and repeat that.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here