[Official Site] Albion in Jones' Heart

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
jones-l229-938039_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
11:46 23rd July 2013
by Adam Tighe
New assistant head coach Nathan Jones has spoken of his love for Brighton and Hove Albion.The former Seagulls winger played for the club during the successful promotion campaigns early in the millennium and confessed how much the south coast club means to him.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The club's in my heart. I had a fantastic time here. I had a great rapport with everyone in the club, with the fans, with the players I played with and with all the staff.
jones-ll229-938040.jpg

"To have played in what we called the good old days but were obviously now the bad old days and to now be part of the club in a fantastic era makes me very proud.
“What we had back then we made the best of and what we did have was just an unbelievable fan base with some great people working in and around the club.
"It's now the club I was promised when I signed. When I joined I remember Micky Adams saying we are going to get a new stadium and 13 years down the line we've got it but it is a different club.
"It's kind of a home away from home for me; it's just fantastic to be back and I'm proud to be back.”
Jones is part of the new first-team coaching staff under head coach Oscar Garcia, and the Welshman is now setting his sights on the Premier League.
"Obviously, the promised land is the Premier League and last season it wasn't to be. I couldn't believe they didn't (make it), because every time I watched Brighton they were one of the best sides in the league.
jones-lll229-938041.jpg
"Now our job really is to maybe take that next step. Certainly the foundations are in place here for everything and it's about us tweaking it and Oscar putting his own stamp on things, and hopefully we can get where we want to be but there's a lot of work to be done.

"There are a great set of players here from the other regime, so it's all in place. The infrastructure here is fantastic, so let's hope we can do a good job."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here