Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion in Spain: Don't worry about those Barça rumours [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion in Spain: Don't worry about those Barça rumours[/h]9:00am Saturday 20th July 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2546077.jpg
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia has pledged his undivided attention to his role as head coach of Albion amid reports in Spain mentioning him as an outsider for the Barcelona job.
Confirmation late last night that Garcia has agreed a three-year contract with the Seagulls coincided with Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova quitting to undergo further treatment for throat cancer.
Oscar, widely regarded in Spain as a future manager at the Nou Camp, where he played and coached in the youth system, told The Argus: "For me the best thing to hear is that I am the best coach for Brighton.
"I am thinking about Brighton. I don't know what will happen in the future. I want to be the best coach I can be here, because my thinking is only about Brighton."
Oscar has wished Vilanova, 44, a speedy recovery. He said: "I know him because I was there when he and (Pep) Guardiola were coaches of the first team. I am very sorry about the situation, because it's very bad news but the most important thing is that he recovers well and is healthy. That is what I want for him.
"In this situation you have to put the football to one side and only think about his health."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here