Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And regarding the post above. FFS. From earlier this year, obvs.

Members of the Italian postpunk trio Soviet Soviet, booked to play at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Tex., were detained in Seattle on Wednesday and eventually deported by United States Customs and Border Protection officials as immigration enforcement under the Trump administration continues to cause tension.

Soviet Soviet was booked to play in Seattle and Southern California as well as at South by Southwest, and band members said they had travel authorizations through the Department of Homeland Security’s Visa Waiver Program before they arrived. However, band members said that after learning that individuals would be charged to attend the band’s nonfestival shows, officials determined them ineligible to enter the country and had them removed. According to the Customs and Border Protection website, an approved travel authorization, or ESTA, “is not a guarantee of admission to the United States” and “does not meet the legal requirements to serve in lieu of a U.S. visa when a visa is required.”

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
During Primal Scream's pre-Screamadelica 'We want to be the 'Exile on Main Street' era Rolling Stones' period I remember reading an interview with Bobby Gillespie in which he said that they may have had their ups and downs, but they had always strived to produce something of beauty which was more than he could say for bands like The Wedding Present.

It's horses for courses I know, but thirty years on, spent listening to music from all genres and all eras, I have struggled to find anything as beautiful as one guitar playing harmonics and another thrashing for all its worth whilst a gruff bloke cuts his heart open and lets it bleed into a microphone. I really like Primal Scream Bobby and you will always be more fashionable, but you never even got close.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Enjoyable couple of days at Edge Of The Sea with two outstanding and very different sets from The Wedding Present. This was the ninth year of this festival and as always a range of bands to see- mostly local this time round. Enjoyed The Sleazoids with their Cramps cover versions and a sprinkling of songs of their own. I never really got into The Popguns first time round but they sounded pretty tight and got a good response form the audience. If you have not heard Going Going by The Wedding present then it's well worth a listen. Played live the instrumental tracks that began the set sounded immense and Mr Gedge and co delighted us with a few older tracks at the end. As he said himself 'This is turning into a legendary night.'

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

boik

My copy of this has just arrived. It's a belated birthday present from the kids and is a great read for anyone that's ever been a fan of TWP. Throughly recommended.

18952967_10154602266931935_9132163597309662652_n.jpg

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

Hi Staly, how’s it going? I’ll be buying this book. Still waiting for my copy of the Neil Taylor C86 book, like a lot of Kickstarter finders. Premier League is a bit up and down, exciting at times (when we got our first win), but in danger of getting dragged down a little it now - getting to 8th was a bit of a false dawn, even though we all knew it at the time. Shrews doing well, and the family have booked a week’s holiday in Shrewsbury at Easter. What’s your favourite song of 2017?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here