Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
That would be this

This IS that. I can't recall Ms Flex's song and I don't think I ever uploaded the album onto my iPod - I'd have to go into the attic. In the attic, like in the meadow, it is dark. And there are boxes and boxes of 7", 10" and 12" singles and albums. Once I start looking at THEM, I may spend the whole day up there if I take a kettle, some sandwiches and some cake. And a record player. What a great day that would be....

Flex Your Head

This IS that. I can't recall Ms Flex's song and I don't think I ever uploaded the album onto my iPod - I'd have to go into the attic. In the attic, like in the meadow, it is dark. And there are boxes and boxes of 7", 10" and 12" singles and albums. Once I start looking at THEM, I may spend the whole day up there if I take a kettle, some sandwiches and some cake. And a record player. What a great day that would be....
You should sell tickets and make it in to a shared event. Maybe install a bar up there too...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I do like the Darren Hayman/ Emma Kupa stuff. There's a whole album of it on the way I think?

He does have a hell of a work rate doesn't he?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I do like the Darren Hayman/ Emma Kupa stuff. There's a whole album of it on the way I think?

He does have a hell of a work rate doesn't he?

Yes. I keep hoping to see him live again soon. He does a monthly residency at The Vortex in London which I keep meaning to get along to. Last time I did see him was at The Unitarian in Brighton where he did an afternoon show with Jack Hayter.
I really enjoyed The Violence and Lido albums plus all The Hefner stuff.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Speaking of whom...

And also speaking of whom, just another quick mention that The Fireworks are playing at the Prince Albert on Easter Monday supporting Heathers (from LA), with King of Cats also playing. Really looking forward to it!

King of Cats 8pm, The Fireworks 9pm, Heathers 10pm apparently... hopefully in a good mood after Blackpool!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And also speaking of whom, just another quick mention that The Fireworks are playing at the Prince Albert on Easter Monday supporting Heathers (from LA), with King of Cats also playing. Really looking forward to it!

King of Cats 8pm, The Fireworks 9pm, Heathers 10pm apparently... hopefully in a good mood after Blackpool!

I believe you've a date down my way before that, too?

Tomorrow night, I think?

Flex Your Head

I believe you've a date down my way before that, too?

Tomorrow night, I think?

You should get along if you can - Rich from The Sun Shines Here is DJing and will doubtless have a great setlist lined up.

Fireworks.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You should get along if you can - Rich from The Sun Shines Here is DJing and will doubtless have a great setlist lined up.

View attachment 52859

I know - it was a note in the post from Rich, that alerted me to the fact!

(and I have his playlist in front of me)

Aislers set / Andersen tapes / Article 58 / ATV / Belle and Sebastien / Best Coast / Blanche Hudson Weekend / Blondie / Brilliant Corners / Bubblegum Lemonade / Buzzcocks / Camera Obscura / Chefs / Chesterfields / Chiffons / Clean / Clientele / Clouds / Cookies / Darling Buds / Delmontes / Dream Diary / Earl Jean / Fear of Men / Field Mice / Fire Engines / Flatmates / Free Loan Investments / Garlands / Go-Betweens / Golden Grrrls / Groove farm / Heavenly / Richard Hell / History of Apple Pie / Honeybees / Hurrah! / Jam / Jasmine Minks / Joanna Gruesome / June Brides / La Sera / McCarthy / Magnetic Fields / Mazzy Star / Microdisney / Mighty Mighty / Milky Wimpshake / Modern Lovers / Only Ones / Orange Juice / Orchids / Pale Lights / Pastels / Primal Scream / Primitives / Ramones / Razorcuts / Rezillos / Rosehips / Jackie Ross / Scott & Charlene's Wedding / Sea Urchins / Seapony / September Girls / Shangri-Las / Shirelles / Siddeleys / Shop Assistants / Spook School / Standard Fare / Stiff Little Fingers / Strawberry Whiplash / Subway Sect / Sugargliders / Talulah Gosh / Teenage Fanclub / Velocity Girl / Velvet Underground / Veronica Falls / Dee Dee Warwick / Wedding present / Wire / X-Ray Spex / Zipper

That's the order on his list - I presume he's not actually going to play them in alphabetical order!

Great line up.

Chances of me getting along there? Slim to none :down:

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Ah fantastic! Really looking forward to that, it never occurred to me that anyone on here was down there near Soton. That looks like a great DJ list, great stuff!

Flex Your Head

I'm coming down for this, and my daughter will be joining me - nice way to round off the Easter break... especially if we have another 3 points in the bag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here