Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P. Lee Rigby

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Lee Rigby, killed on our own streets for being a serving British soldier.

My thoughts are with your family and friends and every serving servicemen and women.

Thank you

Please do not turn this into a binfest.

Respect please

Attachments

• Lee Rigby.jpg
    Lee Rigby.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,258

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
There is a little something going on for him at the Lewes war memorial at 10.45am today with a two minute silence at 11.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
R.I.P. Percy Pongo. My thoughts are with your family and friends and all of your oppo's.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
A friend of mine does cleaning work at belmarsh prison where Michael Adebowale is serving time.
During the Xmas period he's taken a hell of a beating apparently, not by the inmates but by some prison wardens.
They've since been suspended.

Good work you wardens

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
A friend of mine does cleaning work at belmarsh prison where Michael Adebowale is serving time.
During the Xmas period he's taken a hell of a beating apparently, not by the inmates but by some prison wardens.

Good work you wardens

Suspended ! Bloody daft country we live in. They should have been given a bonus.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
RIP

the whole case seems a bit bizzare though... Doesn't add up to me

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Good work you wardens

I am not sure i agree with this, he has been found guilty by a jury and is serving a sentence. Our legal system doesn't include '25years and a beating' or 'a whole life tariff and a broken arm and ribs every 6 months'. All aspects of our legal system must remain whiter than white or it adds fuel to the fire and perpetuates the militant view of our society. Now don't get me wrong if i was there at the point of the murder i would have turned his body inside out with 5.56 then gone for a coffee in the mess without missing a step.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne

Good work you wardens

Violence doesnt negate violence

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Violence doesnt negate violence

Not going to argue with this either way Arkan. Just a little curious with your username.

Was it based on this guy?

View attachment 49940

arkan.jpg

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick. Just curious.

Last edited:

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Not going to argue with this either way Arkan. Just a little curious with your username.

Was it based on this guy?

View attachment 49940

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick. Just curious.

The attachment wont open but i am guessing it was a picture of the former leader of 'The Tigers'
And yes it was based on him. Kind of ironic with my previous comment i know.
(I am in no way a supporter of him btw. It was my DJ name when i had a reggae soundsystem at University. If you dont know reggae, particulary dancehall reggae it is based upon the portrayal of being a 'badman' etc etc and i thought it was an apt name)

And im not even going to get into my wider views on the whole murder and the murderers, an RIP thread is not really the right place i guess.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just to be open and transparent.

I've reported post #6 to the mods for starting a binfest on a R.I.P thread.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The attachment wont open but i am guessing it was a picture of the former leader of 'The Tigers'
And yes it was based on him. Kind of ironic with my previous comment i know.
(I am in no way a supporter of him btw. It was my DJ name when i had a reggae soundsystem at University. If you dont know reggae, particulary dancehall reggae it is based upon the portrayal of being a 'badman' etc etc and i thought it was an apt name)

And im not even going to get into my wider views on the whole murder and the murderers, an RIP thread is not really the right place i guess.

The attachment showed up when I previewed the post but not after. Hopefully everyone can see it now (I can). I am not criticising you mate, I was saw the violence quote from Arkan.

As for Reggae. I remember The Israelites and Liquidator if it helps. :smile:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Just to be open and transparent.

I've reported post #6 to the mods for starting a binfest on a R.I.P thread.

How self-important are you?
I'm sharing a few facts that have come to light lately.
That ******* deserves everything he gets, that's is my view. Serving a life sentence is a joke for what he done.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I am not sure i agree with this, he has been found guilty by a jury and is serving a sentence. Our legal system doesn't include '25years and a beating' or 'a whole life tariff and a broken arm and ribs every 6 months'. All aspects of our legal system must remain whiter than white or it adds fuel to the fire and perpetuates the militant view of our society.

This. Just because someone perpetrates violence doesn't mean we should sink to their level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here