Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yossi Benayoun

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Andy naylor has tweeted about an "encouraging transfer development" this afternoon.

2 +2 = 5 or maybe not...

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves here. 1 in20 chance imo. Would make everything seem ok again if it did happen though.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He's 33 so this is a goer in my head. He's a genius on the ball if given space, can thread a ball through the eye of a needle.

....or he's looking to make as much money while he still can. He went to Chelsea for the money, not the game time.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The way I see stories like this is. Would I rather play 40 games in the championship and be a real part of something,on £15k/£20k a week. Or half a dozen cup games and a handful of games in the prem and be on maybe £30k/£40k a week. It all comes down to the individual I suppose. We know most footballers are only interested in the money, but I don't believe that's the be all and end all to all of them. Especially the ones who should really be made for life already anyway. After that the most important thing is their desire to still play. If they would rather warm the bench and just keep drawing the cash, I would suggest they are not the sort of players you want within a squad anyway.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
One contract available, Spanish Dave or Benayoun; who do you choose and why?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Yossi would offer some real class in midfield. However, he would get loads of game time at WBA so I don't really see us getting close to be honest.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think Yossi Benayoun would be an exciting signing but he's unlikely to play more than 20 games in the Championship and his wages would very likely make him the highest paid player ever to play for the club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, would be a good signing, and decent alternative to Spanish Dave.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
If we sign him we are clearly not comfortable standing still and are attempting to improve on, not just our

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here