Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are in Financial Trouble!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
According to a SEEPEEEFFSEE on the BBS.

"One of my Directors at work who is a massive Brighton fan has just told me that one of our subbies has been out to lunch with an accountant who works for B&HA and that they've been told in no uncertain terms Brighton are in BIG trouble financially.
He knows I'm Palace and that I would've read stories on BBC Sport etc but the way he put it to me was that it's probably a lot worse than made known."

Yea because our accountant would go around telling people our business. When will they stop? Is it wishful thinking?

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=11143769&postcount=480

Last edited by a moderator:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The debts are worrying but I back Bloom, Barber et al to pull things round. The revenue we create is sound, it's now about cutting costs.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A bad spell of money troubles no doubt.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No doubt the tools on that site will be blindly lapping it all up.

Idiots.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Wasn't there a really long thread on here about some 'insider knowledge' and how broke Palace were?

I guess it is just the type of thing that is regularly put on forums about the teams rivals

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cue 15 pages of completely unfounded gibberish, fuelled primarily by our "guests" from the BBS.

Yawn.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shit. We're screwed.

steveg58

Jul 1, 2013
Interesting ! but i'm sure just conjecture, with new Lounge sponsors on board I am sure Mr Barber will continue making us even more corporate and the "Brand" will survive !!!, whether we fans remain important and whether we will have a team worthy of the Championship or higher will of course be another matter ! see Mr B's comments on sponsor launch
Paul Barber, said, "We will be working closely with the team at Overline to enhance both brands' growing reputation in the local area."

All adds credance to Dick Knight's recent comments.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ounge-sponsor-892198.aspx#YicEgzgs0iwKGZDX.99

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm fairly content, that the FINACIAL side of things is under control.

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Anyone for TENNIS got the swingball out in the back garden a jug of pimms and a shit load of strawberries the tv in the garden as well COME ON MURRAY

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
According to a SEEPEEEFFSEE on the BBS.

"One of my Directors at work who is a massive Brighton fan has just told me that one of our subbies has been out to lunch with an accountant who works for B&HA and that they've been told in no uncertain terms Brighton are in BIG trouble financially.
He knows I'm Palace and that I would've read stories on BBC Sport etc but the way he put it to me was that it's probably a lot worse than made known."

Yea because our accountant would go around telling people our business. When will they stop? Is it wishful thinking?

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=11143769&postcount=480

On the basis that the accountant in question would have signed a confidentiality agreement the club can take him to the cleaners and pay off the debts, so no worries really, if this wasn't bullshit.

I would also say is highly unlikely that one of BHAFC's accountants would go out to lunch with a subbie

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Isn't this one of the things Gus said in an interview, something along the lines of "With FFP next season we have problems, big problems". This might have been something he said in the infamous "hit the ceiling" interview.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so this chap's director's, subcontractor's account works for BHA and thought he'd pass on our apparent financial situation, and it just happen to filter back to a palace board.

jimmy hill.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Isn't this one of the things Gus said in an interview, something along the lines of "With FFP next season we have problems, big problems". This might have been something he said in the infamous "hit the ceiling" interview.

To be fair any club that is / was spending more than they had coming in had problems. To some people big problems mean not being able to sign premiership quality players while in the championship. While for most of us it would mean being on the edge of administration.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
On the basis that the accountant in question would have signed a confidentiality agreement the club can take him to the cleaners and pay off the debts, so no worries really, if this wasn't bullshit.

Pretty much this. Even without having signed a confidentiality agreement, accountants are required by their professional institutes to maintain confidentiality of all their clients in both a business and social environment. I can't believe that anyone with half a brain cell would believe that post.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Isn't this one of the things...

stop your sentance there. there is no "thing", its a rumour invented by a keyboard warrior on an internet forum.

BHA are currently spending on a massive acedemy and have a 30k stadium with high uptake of season ticket and a new shirt sponsorship. does that sound like a club with financial troubles?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here