Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moderator change

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A couple of changes to the moderating team on NSC...

@Titanic stepped down a while back after a long stint as part of NSC's moderating team. Many thanks to him for the tremendous amout of time he put in as one of NSC's most diligent and active moderators.

@Barrel of Fun now steps into the fray. Known to most on NSC, I'm sure he'll fit in well. Well done to him for being brave enough to give it a go!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Best of luck Barrel. Moderating can seem like a thankless task a lot of the time but then somebody thanks you for something you've done and then you feel it is all worthwhile again.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Well done Barrell, could you make your first job as mod to get rid of the spam in the greyhound syndicate section, Many thanks and good luck.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Good luck BoF :)

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Well done to the Titanic. Most of us only saw the top of the iceberg of what that lad has done on here.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good luck BOF :) - don't let the power go to your head :p

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No. Absolutely not.

So, hypothetically, if someone complained about getting an abusive PM from someone else, and the other person denies sending it, how could you get to the bottom of who was telling the truth?

(By the way, I hope you haven't had to deal with many disputes such as this).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So, hypothetically, if someone complained about getting an abusive PM from someone else, and the other person denies sending it, how could you get to the bottom of who was telling the truth?

Forward the PM

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Forward the PM

But then, couldn't the other person fake and forward a doctored, clean version of the PM and say that was the PM that was sent?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I can access the raw data in the underlying vBulletin SQL tables, and this includes PMs.

I think I've only had to do this on 2 or 3 occasions over the years, and I have a lot better things to do with my time than spend it being nosey reading PMs.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I can access the raw data in the underlying vBulletin SQL tables, and this includes PMs.

I think I've only had to do this on 2 or 3 occasions over the years, and I have a lot better things to do with my time than spend it being nosey reading PMs.

Thanks, Bozza. :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Moderator, moderator, what can you see?

I see... a brown bear. A red bird. A yellow duck. A blue horse. A green frog. A purple cat. A white dog. A black sheep. And a goldfish looking at me. That's what I see.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here