Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Doyle

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
@TransferBreaker: New Brighton boss Oscar Garcia is looking at Kevin Doyle to fire them to promotion. #bhafc

Maybe not as far off the mark as some people seem to think. As l recall there was some talk of us showing an interest during Gus's reign about a year ago.

Although as things stand we are far more in urgent need of a quality left back and centre half, and with Vicente and Dicker having moved on, a central midfielder too.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Maybe not as far off the mark as some people seem to think. As l recall there was some talk of us showing an interest during Gus's reign about a year ago.

Although as things stand we are far more in urgent need of a quality left back and centre half, and with Vicente and Dicker having moved on, a central midfielder too.

vicente and dicker have both moved onto where? source? links?

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Did we not come close to signing Kevin Doyle at the start of his career? Seem to remember Reading beat us to his signature along with Shane Long.
That was the rumour. Their signings coincided with Coppell leaving us for Reading, but I believe it was their scout Eamonn Dolan that had discovered them.

I think Kevin Doyle would be excellent for us, but would probably be too similar in style to Ashley Barnes. I'd rather keep Barnes especially as KD's wages wouldn't be cheap.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Remember CMS and Hoskins have been injured for months, and even when fit were hardly on fire...gp wanted another striker, so whatever happens I would expect at least one new striker signed by Oscar.

So I was imagining that big Argentinian lad that came in last January and tore shit up? Ulloa will play spearheading a three-man attack with two wingers. We don't need more than three strikers.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Did we not come close to signing Kevin Doyle at the start of his career? Seem to remember Reading beat us to his signature along with Shane Long.

Nah.

Eamonn Dolan (Reading scout)'s brother was managing Cork city at the time and gave Eamonn the annual heads up of the brightest prospects. Coppell and Dolan took a not very expensive punt on Doyle with Longy essentially thrown in for free.

Doyle had a blip last year. He's a motivated, professional and very skilful player. He'd be a very good signing for Brighton IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here