Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you feel about Dick's Bar being renamed?

How would you feel about Dick's Bar being renamed?

• Total voters

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good idea. "Dicks" is a stupid name given the accusations about Brighton fans being poofs. I have nothing against it being called "Knights", it is a fitting tribute.

Exactly this for me.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Genuinely surprised people don't like it being called Dick's because of some sort of link meaning we're all gay.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The Knights Bar would be more classy and would take away the opportunity for the usual predictable jokes. I put "Good Idea" for that reason but it is important to keep it in his name.

I prefer "Dicks Inn" myself.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Those who are concerned about what away fans think how insecure are you?

And why would you care if a few homophobes want to be 'hilarious'?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd agree it is a bit low rent canteenish so I don't go there but it seems popular enough

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Free Wifi

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
We should really name it after the person on everyone's lips at the moment on NSC. Stephen Dobbie. Or is it Dobie? I can never remember. 18 pages and still going.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I can't believe people still care that it's called Dick's. That's his name FFS.

He is Dick. Our chairman was called Dick. We were Dick's club. We love Dick. Dick saved our club. It's called Dick's Bar.

If it makes some of you blush, maybe you should drink in the concourses?

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
DK saved this club and set the foundations for where we are now. Some here have no issues with dissing DK.. For those of us who were there he will always be the man who came along at a time when it would appear that the club was about to die off the pitch as well as on it. It would be a disgrace to rename the bar IMHO.

This. I also think it should be enlarged. Having a queue means not serving equates to loss in revenue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here