Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the excitement for Oscar?

albionite

May 20, 2009
If you have any questions about oscar style of play or communication with the media, you can ask me.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to tell us all you know. To be honest most of us know very little about Oscar

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
Any idea why he left you?

Do you think any players from Maccabi will follow him here?

The official reason that he left was personal problems.
Actual reason is pretty close to that, current family and ex wife with his two girls did not want to came to Israel. they were afraid of the security situation here in israel.
Oscar talked all the time that he miss his girls and wife and left the club even do he can come with us to the champions league qualification.

I don't think he will take players from maccabi, our best striker could have halped you but he left to raims in France couple days ago.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well yes. I had plenty of Brighton fans to talk to me on the BBS till then :)

Only in the away end though, unlike here you can cause an argument anywhere, on BBS say something a little controversial anywhere else and they squeal like little girls for the poster to be banned to the away end. correct?

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
Hey welcome to NSC.

I think most of us would welcome some information on how and who he likes to buy. Does he use the club or his own network of scouts. someone else said he builds a family feeling amongst the players, is this true?

Most of our purchase in maccabi made by Jordi cruyff the technical manager of maccabi.
Oscar familiar mostly with the Spanish players and he got one Spanish player - Carlos Garcia. good decision.
He goes with Jordi's decisions so i guess he is using the team scouting systems in most of the times.

About the family feeling, Oscar was like a father to the players but don't expect a warm hugs, very strict and distant.
one player said during the last season: "its hard to get something from Oscar, but when you do extremely good thing he giving you a father smile" - not exactly same word but you understand i think, my English little lame.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Welcome!

Did he implement a Barcelona style of football? 4-3-3 and tika-taka passing?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Most of our purchase in maccabi made by Jordi cruyff the technical manager of maccabi.
Oscar familiar mostly with the Spanish players and he got one Spanish player - Carlos Garcia. good decision.
He goes with Jordi's decisions so i guess he is using the team scouting systems in most of the times.

About the family feeling, Oscar was like a father to the players but don't expect a warm hugs, very strict and distant.
one player said during the last season: "its hard to get something from Oscar, but when you do extremely good thing he giving you a father smile" - not exactly same word but you understand i think, my English little lame.

Thanks for your insights. Wish you the best of luck for this season. Enjoy the Champion's League!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Are you the big spenders of your league? Did your style of play change under Oscar? Does he get the team keeping the ball and playing on the ground and did you attack at pace or mix it up with slow build ups or a combination of both?

Your English is absolutely fine by the way

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Your English is very good and thank you for the reply.

I am very excited he is coming to Brighton and I think you are right; we will be honoured for him to have managed the club. I personally like a strict, but honest and fair manager.

However i am not sure about not getting warm hugs; we have a reputation to up hold! :safeway:

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Only in the away end though, unlike here you can cause an argument anywhere, on BBS say something a little controversial anywhere else and they squeal like little girls for the poster to be banned to the away end. correct?

I'm not sure you can cause an argument anywhere on here. Not without getting banned. Even this thread got reported, though Im not sure why. After the play off win Palace fans on here could only post in a single thread. After the 3-0 Brighton win, Brighton fans could create and gloat to their hearts content in the away fans end.

I can see how annoying it is when you're discussing a topic with fellow Brighton fans and someone comes along on a wind up, but equally a bit of banter between fans is fun. I think the BBS has the balance right better than NSC. It's a lot easier to get banned from NSC completely than it is the BBS, but it's all a matter of opinion as to what is better.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just won the first league title for Maccabi Tel Aviv FC in 10 years, on his debut season.

Barcelona pedigree on the pitch and off it - successful Barcelona youth team manager - Has great contacts

Of course it's a bit of a gamble, but plenty of reasons to be excited for the reasons above.

Thought you were Gus through and through

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure you can cause an argument anywhere on here. Not without getting banned. Even this thread got reported, though Im not sure why. After the play off win Palace fans on here could only post in a single thread. After the 3-0 Brighton win, Brighton fans could create and gloat to their hearts content in the away fans end.

I can see how annoying it is when you're discussing a topic with fellow Brighton fans and someone comes along on a wind up, but equally a bit of banter between fans is fun. I think the BBS has the balance right better than NSC. It's a lot easier to get banned from NSC completely than it is the BBS, but it's all a matter of opinion as to what is better.

You can leave now, someone much more interesting has joined the thread, thanks for your input though :wink:

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
You can leave now, someone much more interesting has joined the thread, thanks for your input though :wink:

Yes, I thought that myself after posting. Thought it was rude not to reply but I'll bow out and leave the Maccabi fan to answer questions.

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
Welcome!

Did he implement a Barcelona style of football? 4-3-3 and tika-taka passing?

Exactly, of course messi is not in our squad but there is many things that similar.
high pressure in the opponent side of the field, a lot of ball capturing in the attack.
when the ball in our legs the team plays with patience and passing the ball in midfield often, until we have a chance of getting in, like barca.

the formation 4-3-3
one defender more defensive, second defender more offensive. the 3 in midfield are like barca, defensive mid, 50-50 and more attacking one.
the one thing that different from barca is the striker, in our case is strong classic 9 striker and not wing player that always enter the striker position from the sides.
wing players helping a lot in defense as well.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Exactly, of course messi is not in our squad but there is many things that similar.
high pressure in the opponent side of the field, a lot of ball capturing in the attack.
when the ball in our legs the team plays with patience and passing the ball in midfield often, until we have a chance of getting in, like barca.

the formation 4-3-3
one defender more defensive, second defender more offensive. the 3 in midfield are like barca, defensive mid, 50-50 and more attacking one.
the one thing that different from barca is the striker, in our case is strong classic 9 striker and not wing player that always enter the striker position from the sides.
wing players helping a lot in defense as well.

Sounds familiar............???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here