Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brewdog Brighton - it's happening - it's here!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Felt like a half-sized version of the Newcastle one. I suppose they will inevitably attract hirsute hipsters with it being halfway between town and clubs, but the beers were good.

Range from £4.40-£4.90. Jack Hammer at 7.2% could get interesting. There are a few 10 and 10.5% ones too. Others I saw: Dead Pony Club, Vagabond Pale Ale, This is Lager, Five AM Red Ale, Hop Fiction, Punk IPA, Lizard Bridge, Elvis Juice, Libertine Black Ale, Hardcore IPA, Mashtag 2015, Paradox Compass Box, Tokyo. A few of the guest drafts are Stone go to IPA, Smoked Portar, Oskar Blues Dale's Pale, Old Chub, Evil Twin.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Felt like a half-sized version of the Newcastle one. I suppose they will inevitably attract hirsute hipsters with it being halfway between town and clubs, but the beers were good.

Range from £4.40-£4.90. Jack Hammer at 7.2% could get interesting. There are a few 10 and 10.5% ones too. Others I saw: Dead Pony Club, Vagabond Pale Ale, This is Lager, Five AM Red Ale, Hop Fiction, Punk IPA, Lizard Bridge, Elvis Juice, Libertine Black Ale, Hardcore IPA, Mashtag 2015, Paradox Compass Box, Tokyo. A few of the guest drafts are Stone go to IPA, Smoked Portar, Oskar Blues Dale's Pale, Old Chub, Evil Twin.

Fine, they can **** right off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jackhammer is a great beer, a real slap around the chops of a drink!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Aye. Everywhere in town will be charging a fiver soon. It's a cul-de-sac of despair

I spoke to my brewer mate recently, he said he'd rather his strongest pint cost around £3.80, down to about £3.20. There's no need to add shitloads of cost on top, it's solely going to profit.
Hence why I'll only spend over £4 on a beer if I really have to. Even at the BBD I keep to cask and avoid the kegs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Here you go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 285

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I spoke to my brewer mate recently, he said he'd rather his strongest pint cost around £3.80, down to about £3.20. There's no need to add shitloads of cost on top, it's solely going to profit.
Hence why I'll only spend over £4 on a beer if I really have to. Even at the BBD I keep to cask and avoid the kegs.

If anywhere in town charged that and had a better atmosphere than the Chav Tav/Bat and Brawl I reckon they'd be rammed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I agree to a point, but it isn't just about ABV. If you do extras, like dry hop, then it stands to reason the cost goes up accordingly. Similarly with barrel ageing.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I agree to a point, but it isn't just about ABV. If you do extras, like dry hop, then it stands to reason the cost goes up accordingly. Similarly with barrel ageing.

Most pints will still cost the brewer max £2, unless they use saffron or something. It's the 'craft' overprice thing thats ruining the ale party at the moment.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Tokyo* is the spendiest beer on the menu at £15.30 per pint. That's actually a pretty good price for it (I paid the equivalent of £18 at the Rake in London Bridge a few years ago).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most pints will still cost the brewer max £2, unless they use saffron or something. It's the 'craft' overprice thing thats ruining the ale party at the moment.

I disagree. And it's not just ingredients. If you say dry hop then it takes a lot longer in the tanks and will reduce your brewing capacity and in turn reduce your revenue. If you rent a facility for x a month and can keep either 4 barrels or 2 barrels in the tanks in that month it stands to reason if you go for 2 then they'll cost more. If the beer then has to travel you can begin to see why the cost goes up again.

And given real ale finishes it's fermentation outside the brewery facility you can knock more barrels out. As the (keg) craft process can be longer I think it's unfair to compare prices with real ale.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I disagree. And it's not just ingredients. If you say dry hop then it takes a lot longer in the tanks and will reduce your brewing capacity and in turn reduce your revenue. If you rent a facility for x a month and can keep either 4 barrels or 2 barrels in the tanks in that month it stands to reason if you go for 2 then they'll cost more. If the beer then has to travel you can begin to see why the cost goes up again.

And given real ale finishes it's fermentation outside the brewery facility you can knock more barrels out. As the (keg) craft process can be longer I think it's unfair to compare prices with real ale.

Am I sounding like a grumpty old *******?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Am I sounding like a grumpty old *******?

Ha ha. No, not at all. I totally understand why some folk might baulk at the prices, they are a bit "toppy." But there is reason IMHO.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just back from the beach where I am happy to report that a load of Brewdog kit is currently being set up in what I assume is going to be the RWC Fanzone. Although the presence of several sporty Minis (cars) hanging at odd angles on plinths gives me pause for thought that it may possibly be part of some other unrelated event. Whatever, its on the beach, more or less opposite the Brighton Eye. :cheers:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just back from the beach where I am happy to report that a load of Brewdog kit is currently being set up in what I assume is going to be the RWC Fanzone. Although the presence of several sporty Minis (cars) hanging at odd angles on plinths gives me pause for thought that it may possibly be part of some other unrelated event. Whatever, its on the beach, more or less opposite the Brighton Eye. :cheers:

Those Brewdog liveried bars have been there a while - as part of the Big Screen Cinema, that has been showing films for the last couple of weeks. I cycle past there every day on my way to work...and home again.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
One type of larger!!? I've had it with these silly overpriced ale bars that all either taste of metal or soap!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here