Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brewdog Brighton - it's happening - it's here!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They have identified a site; anyone know where it is?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
All they said on twitter when asked if opening in Brighton was "Perhaps, but we need help to fund bar expansion..."
This reads to me that they need to see how their new share offer goes before they open any new bars. I expect it will go well though. Where did you hear they have identified a site?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All they said on twitter when asked if opening in Brighton was "Perhaps, but we need help to fund bar expansion..."
This reads to me that they need to see how their new share offer goes before they open any new bars. I expect it will go well though. Where did you hear they have identified a site?

There's a new share scheme being launched today and its mentioned in the prospectus.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There have been tentative talks regarding a bar in Berlin as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do they usually have other brewery's beer too?

Indeed, they are craft beer temples with various other well chosen breweries alongside their own.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I like their beers, there has been one in Glasgow for quite a while now and they do good live music and it has a good feel about the place. Child friendly too.
'Punk IPA' is their stock ale and is very tasty but at 5.3% ABV is not really as session ale as such. In fact my only slight gripe is that Brewdog don't have a 3.8% or so easy quaff real ale.

'Tactical Nuclear Penguin' is a 38% or so ale(!?), cask conditioned (oak) for a year and then freeze concentrated. It is Goddam awful, is sold by the 25cl measure at a fiver a time and is drunk by idiots who do that sort of thing.
'Sink the Bismark' is another similalrly dangerous concoction that would be better suited being used in a Damascas air raid!

TNBA

TTF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'Punk IPA' is their stock ale and is very tasty but at 5.3% ABV is not really as session ale as such. In fact my only slight gripe is that Brewdog don't have a 3.8% or so easy quaff real ale.

Good news my friend as they recognised this and recently addressed it with Dead Pony Club. It can be drunk on tap in Brighton at The Pub With No Name Which Know Has A Name. The Southover?

http://www.brewdog.com/beer/dead-pony-club

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'Tactical Nuclear Penguin' is a 38% or so ale(!?), cask conditioned (oak) for a year and then freeze concentrated. It is Goddam awful, is sold by the 25cl measure at a fiver a time and is drunk by idiots who do that sort of thing.

Best avoided. My wife disowned me after I had a couple of these and slipped over outside our hotel and literally fell into the gutter struggling to get back up again. I was a total embarassment...apparently. In my mitigation it had be raining severely and the curb was dangerously wet.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Good news my friend as they recognised this and recently addressed it with Dead Pony Club. It can be drunk on tap in Brighton at The Pub With No Name Which Know Has A Name. The Southover?

http://www.brewdog.com/beer/dead-pony-club

Aha...may pop along to the one in Glasgow at the weekend and have a quaff.

Had a quite spectacular pint (or few) of Broughtons Summer Ale last weekend. Sumptous and hoppy. A brew from the Borders so IT may not get down as far as Sussex, but worth trying if it does (Wetherspoons may do it).

TNBA

TTF

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Shoreham is rumoured to be getting a new Ale House in September. A resurrection of the Star, with three local real ales, one real cider and that is it.

So no lager, no spirits, no craft beers.

Along with the Duke Of Wellington Brewery planned to come on tap for Christmas, things are coming along nicely in my neck of the woods.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Does Punk IPA always taste like someone's poured fruit cordial in it, or did my local supermarket get dodgy bottles? Still intend to try the others they occasionally have in stock but may wait till there's another 6 for 4 deal on...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does Punk IPA always taste like someone's poured fruit cordial in it

It is a West Coast style ale and has a very fruity/citrusy taste. None of their beers are subtle so I guess it wasn't a dodgy batch you had.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Brewdog Brighton - it's happening, but where?

Good news indeed. Lets hope it happens. I spent a rather fine afternoon in their Camden bar before The Stone Roses a couple of weeks back. We had a few of these ... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371726108.456053.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here