Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brewdog Brighton - it's happening - it's here!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gonna check out Brewdog Brighton at the weekend I hope, long overdue. Was tempted by tonight, but 6am start and 120 miles of driving probably tells me I should not risk it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not sure. Apparently a unit on The Broadway rather than an existing pub. But they haven't announced anything.

One empty bar and another one up for sale and some large units coming onto the market and with Cote' moving in on the Broadway it's becoming a good place for eating and drinking it also has great indepentant off licience with a small brewery in the basement . Also the Star and the Burell have had a refit .

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
One empty bar and another one up for sale and some large units coming onto the market and with Cote' moving in on the Broadway it's becoming a good place for eating and drinking it also has great indepentant off licience with a small brewery in the basement . Also the Star and the Burell have had a refit .

The Star and The Burrell have had several refits since I have been drinking in HH and are still rubbish boozers - though the Star is okay for a pre dinner pint. Grape and Grain is indeed amazing, and probably the best value place to get draught beer to go. For a town of HH's size and affluence, the lack of pubs or drinking establishments, let alone nice ones, remains baffling.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Checked out the new Brewdog Brighton last night and it's nice. A little pretentious and hipster heavy but I guess that's what you'd expect. Very much enjoyed their Hop Fiction.

Good to have somewhere a little lively round that area again

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The Wellington is 10x better than any consciously trendy craft beer place, and which much better beer!

Well, each to his own.

Craft beer pubs have reignited my interest in pubs. I prefer the atmosphere, and I love the beer.

I'll be trying out Brewdog this weekend.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Have to say I really did not like the Brewdog in Cardiff, very unwelcoming vibe and very much up its own fundament, walked out without buying a pint, much preferred the Rebel Brewhouse (or whatever its called) just up the road. Looking forward to trying out the Brighton Brewdog though, I hope I pick up a nicer vibe. I do like the revamped Hare and Hounds, Craft and the Brighton Beer Dispensary so I'd like to think I can warm to this new venture.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have to say I really did not like the Brewdog in Cardiff, very unwelcoming vibe and very much up its own fundament, walked out without buying a pint, much preferred the Rebel Brewhouse (or whatever its called) just up the road. Looking forward to trying out the Brighton Brewdog though, I hope I pick up a nicer vibe. I do like the revamped Hare and Hounds, Craft and the Brighton Beer Dispensary so I'd like to think I can warm to this new venture.

What was "unwelcoming" about it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, each to his own.

Craft beer pubs have reignited my interest in pubs. I prefer the atmosphere, and I love the beer.

I'll be trying out Brewdog this weekend.

Same with me. I feel craft has been a huge breath of fresh air to the beer scene. I has also been a gateway to real ale for me which is surely a good thing?

Really looking forward to my first visit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sure they'll have lager. Certainly their own This Is Lager will be on at all times plus hopefully Brewdog 7.7 whiskey barrel aged lager on occasion. They'll be others I'm sure.

Have only ever had This Is Lager in Wetherspoons, but was very impressed. Nice to have a lager with a bit of bite to the taste.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What was "unwelcoming" about it?

Difficult to say, the decor was very cold, and it felt very much cooler than thou. Just my perception at the time we went in. Also the range of beers on offer was actually quite limited only DPC suitable for drinking at that time of the day (mid afternoon). Sometimes you just go into a place and it rubs you the wrong way. I'm a fan of some though not all of their beer, and of craft beer in general. The Urban Tap House just up the road just seemed slightly more pleased to see us. It's not put me off Brewdogs per se and I shall be visiting the Brighton version this weekend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have only ever had This Is Lager in Wetherspoons, but was very impressed. Nice to have a lager with a bit of bite to the taste.

I agree. It's okay, but I can name numerous better options. For example, I had a cracking unfiltered Pilsner from Weird Beard a few weeks back. That certainly had bite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Difficult to say, the decor was very cold, and it felt very much cooler than thou. Just my perception at the time we went in. Also the range of beers on offer was actually quite limited only DPC suitable for drinking at that time of the day (mid afternoon). Sometimes you just go into a place and it rubs you the wrong way. I'm a fan of some though not all of their beer, and of craft beer in general. The Urban Tap House just up the road just seemed slightly more pleased to see us. It's not put me off Brewdogs per se and I shall be visiting the Brighton version this weekend.

Fair enough. They are what they are and they can be a bit "too cool for school" and/or in yer face. I understand. Hope Brighton works for you, but if it doesn't you have plenty of alternatives in Brighton; you guys are blessed with good pubs!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Fair enough. They are what they are and they can be a bit "too cool for school" and/or in yer face. I understand. Hope Brighton works for you, but if it doesn't you have plenty of alternatives in Brighton; you guys are blessed with good pubs!

We are indeed!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Star and The Burrell have had several refits since I have been drinking in HH and are still rubbish boozers - though the Star is okay for a pre dinner pint. Grape and Grain is indeed amazing, and probably the best value place to get draught beer to go. For a town of HH's size and affluence, the lack of pubs or drinking establishments, let alone nice ones, remains baffling.

I heard a rumour Dark Star were going to have a pub in HH anyone else heard this ?

The Star obviously would make sense !

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I went last night. Really good I thought. Plenty of comfy seating, 30 keg beers ranging in price, style and abv.

It does seem more of a going out/ event pub than a local though.

Definitely a positive addition the Brighton scene.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here