Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thursday . . . All will be revealed

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Believe me, a disciplinary hearing with a 500 page dossier and lawyers involved will be very like a court hearing. Poyet's lawyers will be challenging and nit picking every detail - this has all the potential to run and run.

The disciplinary hearing is due process for sacking him. Assuming that he is sacked tomorrow, the nit picking by lawyers will then be done in deciding if they want to take the club to court for unfair dismissal.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We're not taking poyet to court; we're just looking at sacking him and using the correct procedures to do so, which will minimise any chance of him taking us to court for unfair dismissal.

I reckon we'll have a new manager by the weekend.

No reason why we could not appoint a caretaker manager as QPR did when they put Holloway on gardening leave.
If the manager lined up to take over from Poyet is out of work currently, then he could come in on this role and change the title when all is resolved.

have made a monumental decision, that unless this Oscar bloke is appointed pronto, then I cut my ties with the club.

flounce.jpg

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
No reason why we could not appoint a caretaker manager as QPR did when they put Holloway on gardening leave.
If the manager lined up to take over from Poyet is out of work currently, then he could come in on this role and change the title when all is resolved.

Then shouldn't we have done this already???

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I know it's all been a bit of a saga - and some of us feel let down by whoever has caused this situation....but we don't know the facts (and I think the people who are involved don't know exactly know who is right or wrong). It comes to the point that we need to be confident that everything will 'come out in the wash' and in the mean time let's remember that we still have an EXCELLENT squad of players who will do us proud next season. We may not better our 4th place from last year - but we'll still be a difficult team to beat and I'm sure we'll have some great games of exciting, entertaining footy - and that's what it's all about. Let's just get behind the idea that is BHAFC - and enjoy the amazing position we have been gifted by Mr. Bloom. - SEAGULLS - things have really never been better since '83. (30 years!!)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
have made a monumental decision, that unless this Oscar bloke is appointed pronto, then I cut my ties with the club.
Good for you! Have a nice time. Seeya!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I'm booked on a stadium tour on Thursday at 1.00 pm. Getting a bit nervous with all this going on. I'll be listening for the sound of raised and angry voices and keeping an eye out for interesting sightings.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree, but after Thursday the club may be in a position to know if they can safely move forward along these lines.

Exactly. This is why I think we'll have a new manager in place by the time the players report on Monday.

Actually, thinking about it, this may be why the original hearing was scheduled for Monday this week. Still gives Gus the obligatory 5 days to postpone but means that it couldn't be delayed beyond the start of pre season training. 2+2=5?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If hearings go the way I am used to, then it won't possibly end Thursday. The hearing makes a decision and gives this to the employee, who then has the right to appeal to the next higher level of management, which I would think will be Tony Bloom in this case.

This. Obviously it's a guess but I think we'll be lucky to see anything concrete before the end of June.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I am sure you will be missed. :wave:

Perhaps the club will take some action as a result of your threat ???

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I know it's all been a bit of a saga - and some of us feel let down by whoever has caused this situation....but we don't know the facts (and I think the people who are involved don't know exactly know who is right or wrong). It comes to the point that we need to be confident that everything will 'come out in the wash' and in the mean time let's remember that we still have an EXCELLENT squad of players who will do us proud next season. We may not better our 4th place from last year - but we'll still be a difficult team to beat and I'm sure we'll have some great games of exciting, entertaining footy - and that's what it's all about. Let's just get behind the idea that is BHAFC - and enjoy the amazing position we have been gifted by Mr. Bloom. - SEAGULLS - things have really never been better since '83. (30 years!!)

Absolutely agree with this. Good to know I am not the only sensible one on NSC :)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm booked on a stadium tour on Thursday at 1.00 pm. Getting a bit nervous with all this going on. I'll be listening for the sound of raised and angry voices and keeping an eye out for interesting sightings.

Right, you have designated yourself NSC official reporter for the day. Like any good reporter you will find a way of reporting back at 10 minute intervals preferably from within the boardroom. No pressure.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If hearings go the way I am used to, then it won't possibly end Thursday. The hearing makes a decision and gives this to the employee, who then has the right to appeal to the next higher level of management, which I would think will be Tony Bloom in this case.

This probably applies to staff sacked by middle management in large companies. Both the Chairman and CEO will be there on Thursday so no one else to appeal to. Thursday is the day.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I agree, but after Thursday the club may be in a position to know if they can safely move forward along these lines.

surely they should have known this already?????

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This probably applies to staff sacked by middle management in large companies. Both the Chairman and CEO will be there on Thursday so no one else to appeal to. Thursday is the day.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an appeal process for Gus to follow internally ( assuming he doesn't agree with the out come ).

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With 500 pages to go through on both sides, Friday tea time at the earliest.

I still want to know which person, from either side, is suddenly going to whip their disguise off revaling them to be none other than Noel Edmonds and shout 'Gotcha', presenting a gobsmacked Gus with the legendary statue.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an appeal process for Gus to follow internally ( assuming he doesn't agree with the out come ).

I doubt it; his disciplinary is with the top level management. Who is he going to appeal to other than the civil court?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here