Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
To be absolutely clear to all fans, the price rises in STs, tickets, membership schemes, overpriced club shop tat, booking fees, parking charges, 'admin' charges etc will be funding corporate lawyers around £300/hour to come up with this stuff, never mind the 500 pages of 'evidence'.

This is what we have come to, ffs.

PG

We would all prefer not to be in this situation but if an employer becomes aware of allegations of breaches of contract by a highly paid senior employee whose actions directly determine the future success of the club (and expectations of fans etc), should it not take positive action to investigate, rather than roll over and pander to his indiscretions?

We may never know the full details of this matter and no doubt there will be smoke and mirrors ahead but I'm glad the Club is defending a potential £2.5m claim, which is your money and mine that could easily end up in Gus's pockets after he has moved on, when we would all prefer to see that £2.5m cin the hands of the manager for his transfer budget.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
We aren't that little team that plays at an Athletics track.
We are BRAND Brighton & Hove Albion (see logo removal threads) and Poyet or the LMA will not hold Barber and Bloom to ransom.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Jesus H Christ on a bike.

Moronic. Posturing. Arrogant. Threatening. Self-important. Embarrassing.

Utterly, utterly pathetic.

So if the LMA's statement is utter b0ll0cks, the club is supposed to let it go, knowing that it is skewing people's view of the situation?

To make such a strong (if brief) statement, the club must be VERY sure of their position, so why the hell wouldn't they want to set the record straight?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
this is what happens when you try to turn the club into a business
we are FANS not ****ing customers
you are ruining the club and making it a laughing stock
FFS

Fans don't pay the bills! Unfortunately customers do. Unless you can find a group of fans prepared to fund the club and agree how it should be run. Wait............... NSC could do it . If we all chipped in a few thousand quid each per year. After all we all agree how the club should be run don't we :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I was hoping for a quiet post-season - consolidate and build.

Fat bloody chance at this club. Let's face it, we'd be bored if there weren't drama.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
So after 14 years of loads of Albion fans reluctantly becoming experts in planning law, we have a couple of years of fun .... and now the only thing the Club talks to us about is fecking employment law.

*sigh*

Wilko 1901

May 7, 2013
Hove
Please can someone tell me why so many people on here are on ths clubs back for releasing a statement saying they consider the lma statement yesterday unfair and reserve the righf to sue. Do you want them to roll over and die? Good on them for having the balls to stand and fight for what they consider correct.
So many people so anti the club. Lma release statement, must be correct, club do, what us wrong with them.

It smacks of desperation.

I actually thought the club had done well at keeping it's counsel up until now, but they need to wind it in a bit.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Will we have another statement from the LMA this evening, expressing their disappointment at our disappointment? I wonder whether we are talking here about massive inaccuracy or just some minor technicalities? If the latter, this could drag on and on. Hang on a minute...???

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It is very strange how we had very little by way of official statements from the club whereas now they seem to have statement diarrhea. I wonder if Gus speaking out on Sunday has provoked the club to take a more aggressive approach to this mess.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It would take a LOT for fans to lose trust in TB, where as fans trust in Gus disappeared a while ago.

If the club stays quiet, it makes it look like we are just accepting everything that Gus and the LMA are saying and there clearly is something that isnt right with the LMAs statement if it has provoked the club into issuing a counter-statement. The LMA will 90% of the time take the side of the manager and this is happening now, it doesnt make the club the bad guy at all.

The only way we can get rid of Gus would be to negotiate a compensation deal, but that would be incredibly expensive and will almost certainly eat into next seasons budgets and affect our FFP.

its not a case of not trusting TB his heart is in the club like a lot of us
its the others I don't trust
the keeping quiet bit was meant originally straight after the Palace game in the office quiet word agee to part small compo to Gus and I'm sure he would have found another job more or less immediately
and an agreement that there would be no shite slinging in the aftermath
now 4/5 weeks later its a mess and there are more people involved than the whole cast of "Lord of the Rings" all three films

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Great - the best come back is always to stamp one's feet and shout "IT'S NOT FAIR" !!!!! How old are Barber / Bloom - six years old ?

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
When will it end? I don't understand why the club would release this statement. Surely they could have dealt with this directly with the LMA.

The LMA released a PUBLIC statement slating the club so its only fair the club release a PUBLIC counter-statement about the LMA.

Great - the best come back is always to stamp one's feet and shout "IT'S NOT FAIR" !!!!! How old are Barber / Bloom - six years old ?

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Hardly having a tantrum, more diplomatically saying that they are wrong. I mean if your given wrong change in a shop and its a big difference (given a fiver instead of a tenner for example), will you just accept that or would you flag it up and say that they are wrong ?

They arent saying "Its not fair", they are saying the LMA are wrong.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What has that gained exactly? What was the point?

Who is running communications at the Albion? It's madness. Perhaps they sacked the communications department last week?

Isn't people whom we KNOW to be excellent, solid individuals, being led by ridiculous autocrats? Poor sods.

Threatening silly little writs left right and centre doesn't just make you look insane, although there's certainly that. It makes you look wrong.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I really pleased the club don't appear to take no shite, from Poyet or the LMA. Strong leadership is exactly what we need atm.

This

Mr Bloom must be confident in what he is doing, so maybe we should all back him and wait to see what happens this week.
This
It wouldn't be the first time the LMA have stuck their nose in without knowing all of the facts
This
How is looking after the best interests of our club a MESS?
This
Good on the club. A dignified and swift response to a statement by the LMA it clearly feels was inaccurate and unfair.
This
Please can someone tell me why so many people on here are on ths clubs back for releasing a statement saying they consider the lma statement yesterday unfair and reserve the righf to sue. Do you want them to roll over and die? Good on them for having the balls to stand and fight for what they consider correct.
So many people so anti the club. Lma release statement, must be correct, club do, what us wrong with them.
This
Club can't win, if they keep quiet and some people on here say, why are they not telling us anything. They release a statement defending the club and some people on here say we should not have......

Aaand this!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Indeed, the problem is that all the lawyers will care about is the legal situation - problems such as the clubs reputation or its relationship with important associations such as the LMA will not be of their concern - but these are very important things for the Albion.

no, thats not quite true, most lawyers are well aware of the commercial realities of litigation and the detrimenetal impact it has on businesses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here