Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tablet advice

1066gull

May also add having a faster processing PC also uses more power

1066gull

arsehats. multitasking may improve productivity in the office, but is pretty meaningless for home users. just how many web sites can you read at once? how many documents can you write at once? can you actually do both at the same time? no. couple of docs/spreadsheets and a dozen broswer pages will run fine in 2GB.

and BG, yes, a reset to factory is a good idea. however, make sure you back up data and have any software media to hand. it'll take a day too once you reinstall everything, try hour cleaning and defrag overnight to see if there's easy improvement.

People do multitask and its pretty much all centered around social media; Facebook, Tumblr, Bebo, Vine, Youtube, Reddit, Instagram, Twitter. The internet is becoming a hell of a lot more video enabled and that requires power

1066gull

Just watch in 3 years time the explosion in video and photos taken by phones. S4 and Lumia 925 is just a snapshot of the capabilities people have in their pocket and that needs to be transferred back to a pc

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
I went from a laptop running Vista to one with Windows 8. I really REALLY didn't want it as I had read a lot and had a good idea of what it was like. Thankfully you can get a program called Start 8 (or Start X) which allows you to customise it and make it more like the Windows you used to know. It brings back the start button, the classic folder layout, and allows you to boot straight into desktop without having to see that awful screen with all the panels on. I don't even notice I'm on Windows 8 now. Trust me, it's not that bad if you know how to tweak it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Get an ipad make sure its at least 64gb as you very quickly use it up with photos and videos which you will use as its so easily instant to view (no faffing about with file conversions or printing). you can play as soon as finished taking the shot

If you know how to use it :( cant get to grips with syc the iPhone with the iPad .
I have to email the photos from the iPhone and retrieve them via email on the iPad.
So no quicker than a pc in that respect.
I know it's supposed to auto syc, photo steam etc, but it don't work as they say it should.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you know how to use it :( cant get to grips with syc the iPhone with the iPad .
I have to email the photos from the iPhone and retrieve them via email on the iPad.
So no quicker than a pc in that respect.
I know it's supposed to auto syc, photo steam etc, but it don't work as they say it should.

Settings > iCloud > My Photo Stream: turn it on.

Make sure both devices are using the same AppleID, displayed at the top in Settings > iCloud > Account

If you don't want to use iCloud for storage then install Dropbox on both devices. Dropbox will ask if you want it to automatically upload photos you take to Dropbox. Tell it you do. You will then be able to get to photos from both devices (as well as other places) via the Dropbox app.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Let's all go back to Linux. No hassle, no viruses and no stupid charges for things like Office.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After much head scratching I have decided that I will probably buy windows 7 on ebay as they are only about £40 and force myself to learn it. If so could I install the same on to both my PC (HP) and my laptop (Assus)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here