Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer thanks Albion for keeping him young [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Greer thanks Albion for keeping him young[/h]9:00am Wednesday 5th June 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2346709.jpg
Gordon Greer could make his Scotland debut at the age of 32
Gordon Greer heads for his Word Cup date today admitting life with Albion is keeping him young.
The Seagulls skipper – in the running to play for Scotland against Croatia – says he is fitter now than he was seven years ago.
Greer has looked sharp in training after shrugging off a bacterial infection and could make a belated full international debut at the age of 32.
He said: “I feel in better shape now than I did when I was 25, probably because I am looking after myself a lot better.
“Other people might look at age but playing Saturday-midweek-Saturday in the Championship demands high levels of fitness.”
Greer has made 90 league and cup appearances for the Seagulls since they were promoted to the Championship two years ago.
The Scots have been working near Glasgow this week and fly to Zagreb today.
Tomasz Kuszczak’s chances of playing for Poland in their qualifier against Moldova are receding. The Albion keeper did not feature in last night’s 2-0 friendly win against Liechtenstein.
Meanwhile, Gary Dicker could be up against the Seagulls in Championship action next season.
The midfielder, released by Albion at the end of the season, is attracting interest from within the division.
The Argus understands it will be several weeks before he commits for next season.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here